parents gifts for getting good in hsc ? or no gifts :( (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Nothing so far...maybe dinner later. But for a uai of 95.15 my mum seems to still hold the the mentality of me still doing the hsc and hates me going out...argh!

snowblack

bleh
HSC
My parents sent me on a world trip and they saw my results before me...I think they were pretty happy with it (so was I) ... except I didn't get into my course :(

mysterious_grl8

HSC
my parents bought me a new flat-screen tv for my room and theyr'e paying for my trip to Los Angeles in February...even though my UAI was only 81.75. i guess theyr'e being pretty nice abt it!

Me+you=happy

HSC
i got nothing, but i guess i dont deserve anything since my uai was like 55.80 but meh, i crashed my mums bmw 323i? maybe thats my gift

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
The parentals got me a 30gb video ipod (its very pretty), schoolies, and paid for my lip piercing (in other words, they gave me money, i came home with shiny thing beauty spot which my mumsy refers to as a 'wort').
Ooh and my cute little nana gave me some sweet moolah.
However, my not so cute other nan could only say "she's not as smart as her cousin (whom i beat by 1.00 uai point) because he did ext2 maths and she only did ext2 english." needless to say i did not even get a congratulations let alone anything of monetary value off her, or my aunty (mother of maths oriented cousin).
But by crikey, i woulda been stoked with a pat on the back.. 96.7 and a year full of weekends going out getting intoxicated with friends is the best thing ever. :)

snowblack

bleh
HSC
clairebear said:
However, my not so cute other nan could only say "she's not as smart as her cousin (whom i beat by 1.00 uai point) because he did ext2 maths and she only did ext2 english." needless to say i did not even get a congratulations let alone anything of monetary value off her, or my aunty (mother of maths oriented cousin).
But by crikey, i woulda been stoked with a pat on the back.. 96.7 and a year full of weekends going out getting intoxicated with friends is the best thing ever. :)
Omg I know how it feels ! Everyone was telling me that I would have got 99 if I had done maths & science oriented subjects (I got 98) I was so annoyed because all this time everyone was doubting whether I would even pass the hsc with my subjects. Congrats on your great score !

wwjd_frog14

HSC
my gift is that my parents r going 2 keep me alive will going 2 uni 4 4 years...they r gonna have 2 pay my accomodation (which i will eventually pay back) n sum other fees n living expenses...but i hope 2 get a job so they dont have 2 pay 4 2 much :)

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
Lol..i'm wondering what i'm going to when it comes to my HSC...it's very hard to predict..my parents...THey are very nice...supplies me everything i NEED...becuase i don't really have a desire for many things...*i'm a nerd hohoho*
But then on the other hand...my mum...is really one of those..."the marks is the reward.." though...we went to a nice resteraunt when I first had my period....like"you finally grew up" thingy...

Very hard to predict indeed...

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
my friend last year he passed the hsc he got like 64 uai and his dad got him a merc and the yr before his brother got 90 something and he got a ferrari lol
WTF!! You sure about that?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao its amusing how alot of Asian students have the reward of staying alive and being supplied with the necessary costs into uni, haha XD mine too.

Pace_T

HSC
well umm i got almost 97, much higher than what i expected. my parents sort of knew i was going to get 90+ so they had planned what my gift was going to be. knowing that they planned what my gift was going to be before i recieved any results, i see that my reward was being directed at the effort i put in, and not the result i ended up getting. so i ended up getting a nice bmw as a gift. my bday was close to the hsc so its also a 18 bday gift. neither my parents or myself are rich. we are very far from it.

vas y molo

Not for the HSC as such...but for topping music in my school $300 off grandparents, and $150 from dad.
For actually getting through the year, Dior earrings and Yves saint laurent shoes

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Pace_T said:
well umm i got almost 97, much higher than what i expected. my parents sort of knew i was going to get 90+ so they had planned what my gift was going to be. knowing that they planned what my gift was going to be before i recieved any results, i see that my reward was being directed at the effort i put in, and not the result i ended up getting. so i ended up getting a nice bmw as a gift. my bday was close to the hsc so its also a 18 bday gift. neither my parents or myself are rich. we are very far from it.
Haha congrats, but imo a nice bmw definitely don't make you poor^^

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
I got a computer...but thats all my dad can afford..:(
I really wanted to get a bow & arrows..or a laptop...but im glad i got a computer that has internet (well internet from the other computer)

Hanzo

HSC
man my parents dont giv a flying f*ck if i did good or not .. whether im going to uni or being a bum .. etc etc..
dey too busy with mahjong..

peace^^

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
My dad didn't make me videotape him raping my brother the night our offers came out, so that was a gift or sorts.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hanzo said:
man my parents dont giv a flying f*ck if i did good or not .. whether im going to uni or being a bum .. etc etc..
dey too busy with mahjong..

peace^^
ROFLMAO Asianess.

*Minka*

HSC
My trip to Europe in a few days! I am spending a week in Belgrade, a few days in Zagreb and Split all visiting family and old friends I havn't seen in several years and me and my old best friend from Split are going to go west a bit for a few days - we have planned Paris, Amsertdam, Brussels and Copenhagen!. That was from my dad.

Teo of my older brothers are taking me to Spilt again in the summer time which is going to be so nice - Mederterrianian baby! We will spend a few days in Greece as well which I am looking forward to so much.

*Minka*

HSC
Oh a couple I forget - my mother is paying for me to get my belly button pierced in a few weeks as well as getting me this Louis Vuitton bag I have always wanted and a nice pair of earings.

My grandmother got me a pretty necklace,t ook me shopping for some new clothes and GOT ME A KITTEN! I got her yesterday I am so excited! I have to pick a name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)