Parents' nagging (1 Viewer)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Hey everybody.. I was just curious as to how much nagging you get from your parents in regards to completion of the HSC.

I get nagged NON STOP. No joke, my parents have skitzed it at me every single day for the past month in an attempt to make me study for the HSC and as a result they plan to disband me from the internet (which won't work because I'll find other forms of boredom relief). To top it all off, they literally think I'm going to get a UAI of about 50 even though I've continuously proved them wrong in regards to my results. When I get results back, even if I get an 18/20, they just go "so what you'll stuff up next time coz that was a fluke" or something along those lines.. and it's driving me INSANE...

How do everybody else's parents treat them during this time period?

HSC
I get nagged 24-7 by my mum, and sometimes dad.

she's always waking me up early in the morning to study. She even suggested that I go to the local library and study there since I don't get jack shit done here at home.

but it's like...for my own good hey :'(
I <3 my mum.

JhK89

HSC
especially azn parents...

i get pwned by my mum... yes i no..... pretty sad... get pwned for not doing my work ;)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
That's bloody horrible that your parents doubt your ability so much. It's good that you don't take their comments to heart and let them affect your confidence.

Not wanting to brag, but my mother is amazing. She has never nagged me about a single piece of work (probably because I'm such a stress head) and she's always trying to calm me down and help me realise that I'm prepared :). She's great. My dad lives in America, but we talk all the time and last time he was here he left me a note before he left telling me how proud he was of me and how he was sure I'd "bomb the HSC", except he meant that I'd do really well, haha.

My mother recently said to me that she doesn't care if I only just scrape into my Arts course, but she wants me to get a mark I'm happy with, that reflects how much effort I've put in.

bassqueen16

HSC
yeah i have my parents basically thinking if im not studying 24/7, that im not studying at all and that im gonna fail the hsc and life and be a dropkick bum or something... :( and to top it off im ive been banned from going to see my boyfriend, so now im just mad :(

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
No nagging what so ever from my parents. They have always left me to do my own self directed study and from what I can remember have never nagged me, but certainly never these past two years.

In a way its a good thing and other ways it's a bad thing but I sort of like it 9 times out of 10. Either way they know I have tried my best and will be proud no matter what marks I get.

lozz :D

HSC
im pretty lucky too.. not nagged but they do like me to study, but i have been on my own accord, now that ive finally gotten over all the procrastination .. but soooooo over it cant wait till the hsc is over..
my friends dad told her she has to study at least 6 hours a day! i think its an ok amount is still alot a pressure

passion89

HSC
I don't get nagged at all - they're really supportive and I guess that they know I can motivate myself and that I'm well aware of my own abilities.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
no nagging at all. they tell me not to worry about it basically. :|

meh id hate to have parents that dont trust you and put so much pressure on a mark

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
No nagging at all, my parents are really supportive. I'm glad they don't, because I like working at my own pace.

nidhi89au

HSC
yeah same, i like working at my own pace. plus, you cantw ork 24/7 or youll burn out!!
ive seen it happen to a friend.

NueContura

HSC
Im lucky in one sense, because ive managed to secure myself a place at a Graphic Design College for next year....even got a partial scholarship...

But now my problem is i cant get any motivation to work for the HSC cos i dont really need it at all anymore....
And so subsequently the parental nagging has reached an all time high....

*sigh*.....wish i was back in the carefree primary school days eh?

jesswillie

HSC
hey guys
my oldies were great in all honesty. i come from a family where no one has gone to university. my dream is to become a teacher so of course i had to go uni and i studied hard because i believe to become a great teacher you have to understand being a student. im proud of what i achieved in yr 12 because i strived for my best and proved to myself i can achieve my goals as long as i set my mind to it.

its hard cause there your olds but dont let them get you down. just do your best mate, dont rebel by not studying, just try ur hardest so u can look back without any regrets

ane_st

HSC
My parents have been really good.... They want me to do my best and the only reason they wouldnt be happy with my mark is if i havent done the best i couldve... Which i think is fair.... My mum is very supportive when i get stressed.. she usually helps me with my work e.g. modern and cafs... yea!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)