Parents Reaction to UAI marks (1 Viewer)

kido525

HSC
nevertheless the outcomes at the end would be the same it would only be a difference in time period .....

With a uai above ur cutoff score for which ever course ur undertaking would be a satisfying outcome as u dont need to worry about backways to uni's or ur course etc

U can have a low uai but it does not relate to ur own intelligence, u can work ur way up from Tafe or watever institution u want and finally finish off with the same outcome the people with uais over the cutoff scores performed ...

In conclusion the uai is nothing but a quiker way to gain access to uni u can apply for UWS and do a course their try and gain a credit average or above in ur course and ask for an internal transfer to which ever institution u wish and come out satisfied please dont feel down about ur uais if they arnt the ones u hoped for as i am right now on 68.55 i think i deserved this as i regret playing video games during the hsc break and not using it too my advantage but thats the way i will go , or hope that i will be accepted to UTS engineering as i did the MULTIPLE CRITERIA questionaire which could just scrape me into an engineering course also take into consideration that sometimes courses have many vacancies and you might be accepted by chance...

Good luck to everyone , im glad my parents supported me and my previous anticipation of anger and depressment from my parents was never confronted luky me all they care about is if i can get into uni then thats the basis of my career and a successful life

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
My parents were extremely happy, although they have no idea how the HSC and UAI work

Maybe it's because I had a psycho attack during the exam period because I thought I wouldn't get into uni

I'm still kind of surprised at my mark

Xenocide

HSC
Hmmmm, slightly different story here. Got 99.95, mum was very happy (she had been worrying for a while about what I would get since I had told her i screwed up a few of the exams) but Dad just kind of nodded and went back to the newspaper. I guess some pretty high expectation run in the family with Dad topping Sydney uni and getting a Rhodes scholarship. I am just glad its over with, no more HSC!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I havent actually look at my UAI. i dont want to. I dont want to see it. my resulst were disappointing enough, i dont want to have to go throgh the disappointment again. So my parents have no reaction. But i know they'd be proud of me no matter what! :D

kido525

HSC
so i guess ur not gonna look at ur uai till the day university positions are being sent out

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
natstar said:
It puzzles me when people think that the UAI is the most important thing, over actual HSC marks. The UAI only is to get into uni, if you get a crap one, theres loads of ways around it to get what you want.
The HSC marks are the real measure of your performance, the UAI ranks and compares you with others....
My brother didnt get a UAI, but every single person has been asking.."What UAI did you get" rather than what were your marks..
Parents that get pissed off over their childs performance piss me off. They should be proud of you regardless, you finished the HSC for fucks sake. This is just my opinion though
you go raise a child then
and see how painstaking it is to raise a dumb poor excuse for a failure

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Me gots 88.3... and they were proud...

cataleptic said:
My mum was standing behind me when I got mine, and she was really happy. I sat there and stared and then cried, but nah both my parents were over the moon :)

Oh, I got 97.95.
Congrats!! Great score!! And there would be something wrong if your parents weren't stoked ^^

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Ouch... I feel sorry for CSI crimes, neways I got 87.75, which was haha close to what I expected and most likely I'll get the course I wanted, just have to see the demand and supply of this year first XD My mum was like pretty happy haha and my dad just nodded his head.

dapsycho

Sgt-Mike^^
HSC
i havent even told my mum yet, dang and she expect 95 something uai from me

i got 55.8 :'(

kido525

HSC
dapsycho said:
i havent even told my mum yet, dang and she expect 95 something uai from me

i got 55.8 :'(

wow thats a tought one , i think u should approach her in a mature manner cause i think in several days they will send a letter with ur results and u might get busted , if u make up one now and she finds out its wrong but yea hmmm i think its best to speak the truth or if u can pull it off good luck buddy

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
reprise said:
that my daughter not only finished her HSC, but picked up a band 6 on the run-through. Who cares about the "low" UAI, it only has relevance for the next couple of months and she wasn't going to apply for 2006 anyway. Yes, she "could" have got a high 90s UAI based on her school performance up until year 10. Her child will still be relevant in 18 years, her UAI will not - there was never really any contest.

I HATE this living vicariously through your kids shit where the marks they achieve and the courses they choose are more important than our children's happiness. We HAD our own chances at success. It is not up to any of you to live our dreams - you should all be far to busy pursuing your own dreams to worry about ours.

UAI 62.90
tru who gives a fuck what ur parents think i got 76.30 and my parents were proud of me

stop living thru ur childs

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
reprise said:
that my daughter not only finished her HSC, but picked up a band 6 on the run-through. Who cares about the "low" UAI, it only has relevance for the next couple of months and she wasn't going to apply for 2006 anyway. Yes, she "could" have got a high 90s UAI based on her school performance up until year 10. Her child will still be relevant in 18 years, her UAI will not - there was never really any contest.

I HATE this living vicariously through your kids shit where the marks they achieve and the courses they choose are more important than our children's happiness. We HAD our own chances at success. It is not up to any of you to live our dreams - you should all be far to busy pursuing your own dreams to worry about ours.

UAI 62.90

:) Now thats an achievement. I have a mate who decided to just stop doing the hsc because of Bipolar, your daughter is an inspiration, please tell her congrats from a random member of Bored :) well done in general maths! :D

VQ

HSC
It was like 5:20 here in Jakarta (meaning like 9:20 there in Syd) when I woke up by my friend's sms, then I rushed online and checked my UAI. I was shocked...I was very grateful (and still am) then I said it to my dad, his 1st reaction was "Good, how's she doing? (he's referring to one of my friends, the top of the year)" (but prolly he didn't mean it anyway)

My mom was very happy!!! And I was happy for her as well...

kido525

HSC
yep thats good news , i hate it when u tell ur parents ur mark and they get pissed then happy then pissed after they hear more good news from other friends and relatives and bitch about how shit u r and then after a week they go alright and then finally they forget about it LOL

Has ne1 experienced this kind of dilemma?

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
kido525 said:
yep thats good news , i hate it when u tell ur parents ur mark and they get pissed then happy then pissed after they hear more good news from other friends and relatives and bitch about how shit u r and then after a week they go alright and then finally they forget about it LOL

Has ne1 experienced this kind of dilemma?
Aw that suck. I'm not telling any relatives so they won't have anything to bitch about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)