Parents (1 Viewer)

is a roflcopter
HSC
my parents are ok i guess
the shit thing is we know too many people with 98/99 kids

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Mine don't put me under any pressure, I'm a really self driven person, but they love it when I do well, and they do want me to do well and they are interested in me doing well, but they never tell me to go study or anything because I have managed to do well up till now without them telling me so I think they just trust that I know what I am doing.... I've always wondered what it wouldn't be like if I wasn't self motivated and didn't do well though.... like if they would put the pressure on then....

But we have run ins, usually me getting annoyed at them for them getting in the way of my studying, them just annoying me, or me just being a cranky stressed out bitch yelling at them for no real reason.....

But I would say my parents are pretty good, but it's because I'm self motivated and they don't really have to tell me to do work.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
But I would say my parents are pretty good, but it's because I'm self motivated and they don't really have to tell me to do work.
I was about to say the same thing about my parents. They don't put any pressure on me at all... regarding school. :D

Giant Lobster

HSC
my prnts dont care wat i do. im self perpetuating in this sense :p non-typical asian parents i guess. they dont care about my schooling.

but ffs my dad tells me off for not being able to cook / change the tyres / having crap social skills etc.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
I hate studying and usually avoid it :D..but before, when my parents used to lecture me abt it etc. id get upset...now i think Im immune to it and ignore it, so its alrite now.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by lm1122
How are your parents coping this year? Mine are driving me CRAZY :angry: ! What's worse is that my mum has bought some book called "the parent's survival guide to the HSC" or something and so every night she comes up to me and says "now sweetie, we have to set goals". ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait till I get out of here!! Just wanting to know i'm alone feeling this extreme level of exasperation!
At least your mum is aware of how to cope with you while you are doing your HSC. Mine? ha! we just had a huge fight yesterday.

well since I have finished my trials, she assumed that I have NOTHING else to do. she nagged on forever, telling me to tidy the bloody study. well I did, only i couldn't find my stuff and made a mess of it again. it's sooooo bloody annoying. she doesn't even USE the study anyway!

she kept saying (in an angry, bitchy tone). 'I don't care if you got dux or 100% in the HSC (as if!), you are useless (as in can't keep my stuff tidy)'

HELLO?! HSC is meant to be messy. Then yesterday, she humiliated me in front of all the relatives (who are equally stupid like she is) in a restaurant during family gathering and bitched and stuff as if I weren't there. Thank God I was sitting next to my cousin and we just pretended to talk and joke about how we should start a 'Bitching forum' for parents. It was just soooo hard to sit there and tried not to cry!

btw, she would just burst out yelling. if she yelled at you, and your mouth just moves slightly ie breathing through your mouth, she would assume that you are complaining about it and then she would make a huge fuss out of it!

i am on the brink of insanity!

is a roflcopter
HSC
slap your mum
before its too late

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Re: Re: Parents

Originally posted by sugaryblue
At least your mum is aware of how to cope with you while you are doing your HSC. Mine? ha! we just had a huge fight yesterday.

well since I have finished my trials, she assumed that I have NOTHING else to do. she nagged on forever, telling me to tidy the bloody study. well I did, only i couldn't find my stuff and made a mess of it again. it's sooooo bloody annoying. she doesn't even USE the study anyway!

she kept saying (in an angry, bitchy tone). 'I don't care if you got dux or 100% in the HSC (as if!), you are useless (as in can't keep my stuff tidy)'

HELLO?! HSC is meant to be messy. Then yesterday, she humiliated me in front of all the relatives (who are equally stupid like she is) in a restaurant during family gathering and bitched and stuff as if I weren't there. Thank God I was sitting next to my cousin and we just pretended to talk and joke about how we should start a 'Bitching forum' for parents. It was just soooo hard to sit there and tried not to cry!

btw, she would just burst out yelling. if she yelled at you, and your mouth just moves slightly ie breathing through your mouth, she would assume that you are complaining about it and then she would make a huge fuss out of it!

i am on the brink of insanity!
i know how you feel, and it hurts, doesn't it? :( i'm assuming you're asian? sighe.... my dad does that a lot too... but he doesn't do it in public TOO much anymore... ever since that day in year10 when i was at my uncle's restaurant, and all my relos were there, and then my dad started telling me off and insulting me in front of everyone... there were customers too O___o;; in the end i just ran upstairs and cried [with my cousin at my heels]. my uncle ended up telling my dad off :p

anyway yeah... my dad always tells me off for having a messy room - hey mate, the only thing making my room messy are my notes. there's no point in cleaning them up, only to make a mess sifting through them.

i HATE it when adults bitch about you like you're invisible. they don't get it, do they? and when they compare you to others... like, "oh angela is doing four unit maths, rah rah rah.." but when i compare myself to others [however distantly], they tell me off.

RAWRRR.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Re: Re: Re: Parents

Originally posted by bubz :D
i know how you feel, and it hurts, doesn't it? :( i'm assuming you're asian? sighe.... my dad does that a lot too... but he doesn't do it in public TOO much anymore... ever since that day in year10 when i was at my uncle's restaurant, and all my relos were there, and then my dad started telling me off and insulting me in front of everyone... there were customers too O___o;; in the end i just ran upstairs and cried [with my cousin at my heels]. my uncle ended up telling my dad off :p
aww... yes. I am an Asian. I totally sympathise with you. Worst thing is that my uncle DOES the same to my cousin as well, so it was basically a Bitching game on last Sunday night dinner. I talked to my cousin on Monday and she told me that his dad does that a lot too, not only in front of relatives but to the equally stupid school friends' asian parents.

i HATE it when adults bitch about you like you're invisible. they don't get it, do they? and when they compare you to others... like, "oh angela is doing four unit maths, rah rah rah.." but when i compare myself to others [however distantly], they tell me off.

RAWRRR.
What they don't understand is that the more they told us off, the more unlikely that we are going to do it. I would listen to my dad if he asks me to clean up some stuff coz he doesn't scold at me and that he doesn't nag on about it.

Not just your own parents comparing you to some other kids but to hear the other kids' parents comparing their kids to you frustrate me too. It makes me wanna say: why don't you go live with them and not me?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)