Parents (1 Viewer)

hollybox

HSC
What do your parents do during this 'important' time? Mine feels guilty about staying out all night and moving house while this is happening and brings me indian food in bed when I want it.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
My dad is in NT and I dont think he is overly worried. He only got to Year 11 before his parents pulled him outta school...I think he is just prud of me for going all the way!
My mum doesnt really know much, she got pulled out of school in Yr 9. She says he never sees me study (which is true, but I cant study when there are people at home)...but like dad, she usually just leaves me be and is proud of me for getting here.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
my parents are teachers so they're not here from 8-4 which gives me time to study but when they get home they make as much noise as possible so i cant study anymore.. grr... mum has pretty high expectations for me so we usually fight when she sees im not studying

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Mmm.. indian food.

My dad is pretty supportive. He rings me after the exam and asks how it went, makes me lunch and 'study-breakfast'. He makes me tea while i'm studying.

My mum forgets i'm doing the HSC. She never wishes me luck or anything lol. She tries to make me do my normal chores that dad says that i'm hsc-exempted from. Silly mum.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
my parents dont care. my dad worries that i study TOO much. lol. the only time i study happens to be when hes home. hes always telling me to go out, watch tv or something. HAHAHAH. and mums a teacher, but got long service leave off during the HSC. she just cooks for me, makes me lunch and brekkie. and takes me shopping. :). they are just proud that i even finished year 12.

repz

HSC
my parents got upset when i told them uni wasn't for me
but either way theys till support me

Bokky

HSC
lol shellybelly. Since the beginning of this year, actually since the beginning of my high school years ive been so lazy to study and i still am to some extent. When theres an important exam coming up sure i sit down and study as much as i can, as hard as i can. Back then this was a problem as my sister and my parents kept forcing me to study, they were always saying "ohh come on u wanna get into uni, u gotta get good marks, if u dont study u wont get good marks...etc etc". So i just decided to force myself to study coz i know its important and i wanna get the marks i need for uni, and since late september ive been sitting at my desk 5-10 hours a day just studying and studying. They got a bit worried when they saw me studying that much so they told me to take a break or watch TV or go for a walk or sumthing, but meh i just sat there and kept on studying. It was like a marathon lol. My intention is to do this until HSC is over coz this is the only chance i have to study for these exams and get my marks.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
My mum repeatedly calls me from work to make sure I;ve eaten =\

And I have to give my dad the "assuring nod" when he gets back from work and thats all about they care about.

HSC
This whole thing has actually brought me closer to my parents. We used to never get along, but they have been totally supportive and encouraging over the last month or so.

It will probably go back to fighting after it's all over but it's nice to know they are 'proud' of me. They both only went to year 10.

I don't get Indian food, but I do get chinese food or... McDonald's :D And large amounts of lollies.

7th Sign

HSC
my parents are always crazy telling me a have to study like every second and annoying shit like that, overall their ok some times yet naggey other times. I get mad lunch and breakfast made for me when exams are on so I am happy.

cataleptic

HSC
They aren't home during the day, like 7:30-4, so this gives me a lot of study time.

When they are home, they usually leave me alone and don't talk to me much. They know I like my peace and I think they've learnt that I'm wanting to focus during the HSC and not be yabbered at to wash the dishes.

quilly

Ah parents

and how supportive they are, mine are pretty cool. they let me do my thing and get me anything if i need it. since they're teachers they seem to understand. they both rekon its like reliving the HSC for themselves

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
cataleptic said:
They aren't home during the day, like 7:30-4, so this gives me a lot of study time.

When they are home, they usually leave me alone and don't talk to me much. They know I like my peace and I think they've learnt that I'm wanting to focus during the HSC and not be yabbered at to wash the dishes.[/QUOTE]

I still get yabbered at. :(

I just give them the HSC lecture and they do the dishes to shut me up

arooshika...

HSC
dani_danoz said:
My folks are more nervous than me!
But they've been nice.
mum doesnt even talk to me that much but same as you, my dad is more nervous than me but he alsways says i'll do well

but my uncle irritates me more than my parents...yesterday i was so tired after the english exam even during night and did not really want to put icecream in a bowl so i asked my sister do it and she does it like a preffesional icecream lady anyways but my uncle said 'why should she do it? you are lazy'

he pissed me off heaps, i may be lazy in general but he didnt have to tell me this after i did an exam and during my hsc period...i felt like mudreing him...last thing a hsc student needs is to feel like shit after so many study days, exam days and late nights

i just took my anger out, i feel much better now

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
my mum brings me tim tams and mocha and drives me to school for exams. my father bitches about me not cooking dinner on time and says he never sees me study...and my siblings...they just do all they can to avoid me, i have not spoke a word to my sister since monday, i think she is scared of me...hehehehe

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
My rents don't even drop me to exams (I don't have my Ps yet:( yeah I know its bad lol - I'm lazy!) They r like- "were working, need the money" lol
No worries but, my mates take me 2 exams so its all good
theyve been pretty supportive overall and given me heaps of money to buy food :D
Only thing is that they r v religious and we hav 2 pray the rosary every day.
But O well...

HSC
My mums been really supportive and doesnt say anything about how much or study or more appropriate dont study because she knows I just need my space to do my own thing - I also get away with getting take out and a whole load of junk food more often hehe. My dad is no different and forgets (or doesnt care....who knows) to say good luck and like 20 mins after he comes home he decides to ask how I went in an exam.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
My dad is taking recreation leave on each day i have an exam so he can take me to school and pick me up.

But yeh also gave me a few hundred dollars to buy food etc when i need it....

Its a bit annoying though, we are movving the week after the exams finish so my house is been packed up around me (They aint touching my room though :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)