Parking at the University. (1 Viewer)

pogiangel

HSC
I have just reserved a Half Year Entry Permit. Did anyone else notice how damn fast the annual permits were sold out? Sheesh.

Anywhooz, somebody told me that the uni sold more permits than parking slots (which does make alot of sense, as people will be coming and going so often and at varying times throughout the day). But is parking really a problem?

If it is, Am I allowed to grab a Half Yearly Red Entry Permit instead and just let my Yellow one expire?

Cheers, Jerome :eek:

HSC
Last year I had a Yellow Permit, and never once had even a slight trouble getting a park.

And yes I did notice how quick they sold. I checked to see if they were out (still not available), then checked back a few minutes later and they were sold out...

Ninga

HSC
Im going to assume you got a yellow half year entry permit reserved right? If you don't take up the permit you've reserved, chances are it will be gone by the time it expires, which is 23/2 i think.

In past experiience with parking, it isn't really a problem until u hit about 10:30 in the morning, all the red carparks are full, but usually the western carpark (yellow permits) still has a few slots. Until about probably 2:30, 3:30, you'll struggle to find parks. This happens most days of the week i think, cept maybe friday. This is only for the red car parks tho, usually yellow has car spaces at all times of the day.

I logged onto SOLS at 6:02 and didnt get a red annual permit. To say I nearly kicked my computer in is an understatement. But, i got a red half year, so meh. I didnt see the point in getting a yellow annual, you might as well park on the street. But, a permit doesnt guarantee you a park, so...maybe i should stick to the street. Bloody uni parking.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Parking at UOW is a sick and twisted joke. For the hassle of competing with the 809237859724729 first year students for permits and always being stuck near the back of carparks due to my often late arrivals to Uni, I'd much rather go park behind the botannical gardens, take a nice walk, perve on a few attractive females who are lied out soaking up the rays and not have to pay a cent.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I got yearly red permit.

My parking experiece is:

western carpark always has spaces, but if you gonna part there you might as well not spend the money on a permit and park on the streets.

if red permit.

Oval's carpark, Unicentre carpark will fill up after 0830 - 0900, this is where most staff park.

Arts/creative arts carpark, IT carpark might still have some after 0900 if your lucky.

South-West carpark will usually have spaces all day long

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
I got yearly red permit.

My parking experiece is:

western carpark always has spaces, but if you gonna part there you might as well not spend the money on a permit and park on the streets.

if red permit.

Oval's carpark, Unicentre carpark will fill up after 0830 - 0900, this is where most staff park.

Arts/creative arts carpark, IT carpark might still have some after 0900 if your lucky.

South-West carpark will usually have spaces all day long
Whenever I go on walks to kill time, I always walk over to the Western Carpark. I once caught a couple doing something they shouldn't have been doing there (in a car). That's how empty it is at times.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
poloktim said:
Whenever I go on walks to kill time, I always walk over to the Western Carpark. I once caught a couple doing something they shouldn't have been doing there (in a car). That's how empty it is at times.
lol, i know people who have used the car park for those purposes

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
lol, i know people who have used the car park for those purposes
Normally it's done in the botannical gardens, isn't it? All the people I know who are daring enough to do it in public have done it there.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
poloktim said:
Normally it's done in the botannical gardens, isn't it? All the people I know who are daring enough to do it in public have done it there.
errrr, i don't think we are talking about the same thing

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
errrr, i don't think we are talking about the same thing
A couple doing something they shouldn't be doing. In other words sex. I noticed a couple in a car on the Western carpark having sex.

I've heard it happens lots in the Botannical Gardens.

Were you talking about drugs? I guess that's also something people shouldn't be doing. :S

HSC
poloktim said:
A couple doing something they shouldn't be doing. In other words sex. I noticed a couple in a car on the Western carpark having sex.

I've heard it happens lots in the Botannical Gardens.

Were you talking about drugs? I guess that's also something people shouldn't be doing. :S
People have sex these days? :eek:
Also, what's botannical, precious? :)

dezzy

HSC
Is it recommended to park on the street, now that all permit's are sold out?

Im sick of the train alreayd and ive only caught it to the uni 2 times. lol

so much for my "ill save petrol and the environment and make use of the public transport system" stand!

HSC
dezzy said:
Is it recommended to park on the street, now that all permit's are sold out?

Im sick of the train alreayd and ive only caught it to the uni 2 times. lol

so much for my "ill save petrol and the environment and make use of the public transport system" stand!
I guess you don't have many options as to where to park? Loads of people park on the street so I guess you shouldn't have any trouble doing that :) If you get there early the parks closer to the uni are available, but if you're later on in the day often the nearest you can get is a few blocks away (Which is fine to walk in the morning, but after a longer day the walk seems huge getting back to the car) :)

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
gmraso said:
no you can't park on the street, you get a ticket if you do:)
Take the train
;)
Depends what street, you can't get a ticket on the magical street I park on as there are no signs.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
All street parking behind the Botannical Gardens is free, and you can't get fined. John Rd is my personal favourite although there's about 6 good streets to park on.

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
gmraso said:
Robson's road leading up to Mt ousley(farm on the left- Southern Carpark on the right)
Nope that's not what street I'm talking about, because the street I park on is closer to what Raiks is describing.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
How can you get a ticket for parking on a street with no signs. I'm sure you could get off if you did get one if there aren't any signs saying you can't park there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)