parking options (1 Viewer)

freaksoutalot

HSC
hey all,

Im moving down to anu soon and due to particular circumstances im bringing my car with me. Iwas just wondering what my options for parking my car down on campus, Ill be living at John XXIII college. Ive read the FAQ and whats on the ANU website and from this what im after is in reality what is the best option as i have recently been told by the college that there is no parking spaces left at the residence.

anyway, that was long winded :p sorry guys.
thanks in advance

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Your next alternative would've been the Dickson multi story car park behind Johns but as far as I know it's full as well. You might be better off going on a waiting list and leaving your car at home for the time being. Alternatively just park where there is space and hope you don't get a ticket, I know a guy who managed to pull that off for about a year.

yosemite sam

HSC
They're all short term-4 hours max. Most are 1 hour metered. Maybe check out your options for surface parking but even that has a time limit I think.

freaksoutalot

HSC
hmmmm sucks - being a resident doesnt exempt me from surface parking? does it?

freaksoutalot

HSC
so... you reckon, buy a surface permit park in outter campus parking for the time being and get on the waiting lists?

yosemite sam

HSC
I'm pretty sure that would work. Not 100% though, maybe call and ask student services.

freaksoutalot

HSC
aaah cool. i guess ill work something out with it for the time whilst i am on the waiting list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)