parking (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, so we all know how atrocious parking is...I just look at the parking fees for this year, and what do I see, an annual permit is now $120 :angry:
I mean, if I was guarenteed a park, within 5 km of where I need to be, I would probably be happy to pay it...but nooo. Grr.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
It makes sense to some degree, as with uni offers, there is a whole supply vs demand thing going on, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people want to park at the uni than what there are carparks, so it is effective in reducing the number of people driving every day...but it is still somewhat grr-worthy.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Yeah, but we're not in the middle of Sydney!!
Although, $120/yr certainly works out a lot cheaper than $3/day or whatever it is they wanna charge now

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
wasn't it $1.50 before?
gah, they're asking too much. Could go park on a patch of land outside one of the buildings for free:)

Shao

Staff Parking for me :p

Parking is not SO bad if you know where to park and when to park. before 9am there's no probs getting a park, and usually you'll be able to find a park within 10mins in the 2hour parks near shortland union.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Hmm, I am pretty sure I won't be getting a parking permit this year:).

slip

HSC
yeh im so just telling my parents to get a staff parking ticket for the second car

that or ill just go to uni with my parents and then use there car when i wanna go places...

oh well no big deal

gabn

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Yeah, but we're not in the middle of Sydney!!
Although, $120/yr certainly works out a lot cheaper than $3/day or whatever it is they wanna charge now
we don't have the same public transport system as sydney too.

120 is alot plus the costs of repairing my car (and probably others) because the only parks i can do well is parrallel.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
AND, OMG, to make matters worse, the sticker is red this year!!!
Ok, so with a '05 green rego sticker and a greeny/aquay/turquisey colour car...its like a bloody christmas tree...puke!

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I got a new sexy black car.. i think it will like red... but for the insurance premiums i just paid for it im not so sure i want a parking permit!!

how can they charge more when the multi is STILL!! out of action???

*mumbles in disgust*

slip

HSC
ok this is how

demand is still the same as always

because multistage is out of action supply is lower then usual

therefore parks are more valuale hence they cost more

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
do the sensible thing and park for free in the general parking section near barahinaban

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
ok...enter uni via wirra crescent. turn left up halls road about 50m from the intersection of uni drive and wirra crescent. head up that road for about 20m and turn right when you see a sign that says "General parking" there aren't a great number of parking spots but if you get there at a decent time ~9ish you should always get a park

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
clive said:
ok...enter uni via wirra crescent. turn left up halls road about 50m from the intersection of uni drive and wirra crescent. head up that road for about 20m and turn right when you see a sign that says "General parking" there aren't a great number of parking spots but if you get there at a decent time ~9ish you should always get a park
Thanks for that:). I don't really know where that is. I will try and find it but it seems to be pretty far away from the main buildings:(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)