Parking (1 Viewer)

katie436

HSC
I have to start at Callaghan next year, and considering how to get there. I hear parking is a nightmare, but the trains arn'r much better. I have to travel from the Central Coast.

What does everyone else do?

What is up with that park for free in carpark 15? Is that as packed as everywhere else?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
not sure why, but semester one was a nightmare..but semester two was a breeze, although it was easier to get a park before 11..but even at 11 it wasn't ridiculously difficult..i don't know if semester one next year will be the same or go back to being difficult though :S

although, they did get rid of those teacher parks and made them general parking (in the multi-storey)..and that'd be opening sometime soon wouldn't it? they've got teachers on the second level now i think..

winicat

HSC
one of my mates from the central coast just ended up moving to mayfield and parks on the road because she couldn't be bothered paying for parking.

always remember that you don't have to park in the maths car park. i go in the one beside (behing the design bus stops) and it's always got free spots and/or people leaving when you arrive.

if in doubt, arrive earlier than your lecture/class time to ensure time to park and then walk to class.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
if you have the time i'd catch the train. I drove or was car pooled for most of the year and although it was convenient at times it cost me like 40-50 buck a week or more in petrol - and i only live like 30 mins away from the uni. however if you choose to drive then don't buy a permit. there is a free carpark on the hunter side of uni (#15) which is nearish to international house etc. otherwise you can park on the oval thingy outside the main entrance to the uni. Also i found that they only check the squash carpark once a day at 11am. I park in there all the time after then - alot of the time for most of the day without a permit.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i come from the central coast, and it is way cheaper by train, evin if you carpool. also, you can get a lot of work done on the train.
that being said, it can be over 2 hours each way on the train, and less than hour by car (depending where on the coast). and they never seem to stop doing friggen trackwork

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
em_516 said:
not sure why, but semester one was a nightmare..but semester two was a breeze, although it was easier to get a park before 11..but even at 11 it wasn't ridiculously difficult..i don't know if semester one next year will be the same or go back to being difficult though :S

although, they did get rid of those teacher parks and made them general parking (in the multi-storey)..and that'd be opening sometime soon wouldn't it? they've got teachers on the second level now i think..
sem 1 is always a bitch, coz theres still all the kiddies that haven't decided to defer yet.
As for the multi, the bottom and middle floors are general, and the top floor is staff only.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
multi is expected to be finished by april...
there is ALWAYS parks in the slanty carpark opposite birrabhan (sp?), you just gotta be game enough to reverse park

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
i car-pooled with sum peeps, theyd payd for part of the parking costs (if u buy a sticker, $60 a semester $120 a yr) and $0.50 each way (we cum from charlestown, only like 10min drive) - see if there are any ppl near u doin same course that'll drive you/u drive threm

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
SJ said:
multi is expected to be finished by april...
there is ALWAYS parks in the slanty carpark opposite birrabhan (sp?), you just gotta be game enough to reverse park
haha, didn't they tell us full parking would be available by November last year and it would be completed by April this year?

The slanty park scares me. .'. I've never parked there. I usually park in the multi and walk (yes, to Hunter side, lol) or in the one near special ed.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i come from the central coast... i catch the train... u get alot of work down like reading and stuff... like stacie said though it can take a long time some days i especially love it when trains just dont show up... but since the new timetable i think that it is alot better then before...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)