Parklife - Teh WiN! (1 Viewer)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Fuck it was good.

Day started badly when I woke up at a friends place at 7am after 2 hours of sleep, with a ridiculous hangover. At this stage I was considering scalping off my Parklife ticket. I walked home in the ungodly sun, took a couple of panadol then went to bed.

Fortunately, when I awoke at 11:30 my headache had gone, and I was pumped for the show.

I headed over to friends place (lives in the city) at about 2 and just as we were leaving we realised that I had left the tickets back at my place. 40 minutes latter we were back at his place, this time tickets in hand.

From there the day got better. We walked to the bus stop at Hyde park to catch a bus, and some dude overheard us talking about Parklife and was like "do you want to share a cab?" and we were like "nah man, we're just gonna bus it" as we intentionally only brought cards (debit, credit and travel ten), but he was like "hey, don't worry about paying, we're going their anyway, no skin off my back to take a couple more people". So we were like sweet, free cab ride in. What a hero.

Was after 3 by the time we got there.

We had a walk around to check out the place, saw a few people legging it from security guards and inevitably getting caught.

Bumped into some people from Uni, then into some dudes from work.

First act that we actually properly watched and danced to was Kid Kanobi. We then dumped one each and bumped into some friends from school. Sat down in a circle listing to Matafix while the happy slowly kicked in, was mad chilled.

Then went over to watch Stanton Warriors where we made friends with a couple of cool chicks and formed a small tight circle so that we had room to properly dance even though we were only a few rows from the front. Then came Krafty Kuts (*correction, was actually Cut Chemist), who was fucking insane. It was at the end of his set that I stated peaking pretty hard. Fuck it was awesome, somewhere between Cut Chemist and Coldcut the sun set, and the lights came on and Coldcut had this amazing audio/visual show. Fucking crazy.

Freeform 5 was next and we went there with the two chicks we had just met which was cool to have new friends <3<3<3. But this is where I made my mistake. I really wanted to be peaking for "No More Conversations", so when I was already peaking hard I dumped another. So a bit into freeform it hit me way too hard and I started spewing pretty bad towards the front of the mosh. Fuck, that sucked. My mate was like "there is no way I am gonna let you do this" and started to lead me out of the mosh, but about halfway across, fucking No More Conversations came on, fuck, how unlucky. And freeform's other tracks were a fucking disappointment.

I then went outside and threw up a bit more. And fucking "Are You the One" which is like my favorite song ever comes on. Fuck, that sucked that I couldn't really move by this point. Then I drank some water, then went into the chill out tent, and unfortunately spewed some more inside. So my mate, who happened to come in to check up on me just as I was spewing was like "fuck this, you're going to the medical tent".

And I spent the rest of the night on a bed there, which was totally lame. But my mate told me that the rest of the night wasn't that good anyway (not sure if he was just trying to make me feel better or what). Then we had to fight for a fucking cab and headed back into town with one of the chicks we had met.

Fuck she was an angle for putting up for me in that condition. I even threw up in the cab, but fortunately I took one of the vomit bags from the medical tent with me.

But yeah, even with the shitness it was still a fucking awesome day. Coldcut was probably the highlight for me, and Cut Chemists beat juggling was insane. 2 hours of passed out sleep hurt though. Time to catch up on that lost sleep.

<3 you all, especially with the help of a few pink dolphins (but not too many).

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Ohh, was it Cut Chemist then?

Whatever, he was fucking insane, that beat was crazy man, I swear, it would be already so awesome and you could swear that it couldn't get any quicker or more complex, and he would still turn it up a notch.

I guess I missed Krafty Kuts though...damn.

Mattafix were on the water stage, near the front entrance.

And I found that the music was a little low, in that you could pretty easily chat to the people next to you even though I was up towards the front.

Still a mad day and night though, despite my fuck ups.

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I just reread my post, and damn I swear a lot.

Sorry, was in a different mindset yesterday.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah i had to sell my ticket last minute because of some shitty unforseen circumstances

sounded like a reaaally good day though, has me psyched for field day

and fuck i hate mc sureshock

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
i can't believe its not butter!

nice to see you could find an opening in your busy schedule of breaking and entering & vandalism to accommodate reading "that shit" you silly bitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)