Parliament Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
incentivation said:
Eveyone who met Adolf Hitler in person thought that he was a charismatic, charming man as well. It is these types that poison the political system.

The ilk of Alex Hawke are the very reason that the Liberal Party is in such disarray, particularly at a state level. It is essential that men of the party machine have an attractive persona.

Aside from being politically active, what has he actually achieved in his life? What experiences have moulded him as person?

If the Liberal Party is to recover from its position, it must reposition itslelf as the party of true representation, which was one of the features of the early Howard Government. Members from all walks of life, not merely bred through the machinations of the party.

Alex Hawke epitomises this vermon that infects the Australian political landscape. Don't get me started on the ALP, as they are far worse than anything the Liberal Party could even aspire too. The key difference is the relative functionality of the organisation itself..
lol

god damn son

lol

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
I really wish I could have heard his maiden speech but sadly I was having an abortion while planning my new gay civil union after shooting drugs at the King's Cross injecting room.

*languishes in speedos in the surf*

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Malfoy said:
A lot of people who are politically active have surprising/varied backgrounds, but it fits your simplistic argument to say that's all they've ever achieved when in actuality that's just untrue.
That doesn't answer the question specifically about Hawke though, does it? He may very well havea variety of experiences that will serve him well in his service of the community, but to date, I've seen nothing of them.

The problem I have is that it is these people who control the party. So long as they control the party, the preselection process is inherently flawed...

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
He's asking for things he's done before being elected... I mean why is this guy more worthy of representing our community than anyone else? It's a bullshit argument though, welcome to democracy.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
He's asking for things he's done before being elected... I mean why is this guy more worthy of representing our community than anyone else? It's a bullshit argument though, welcome to democracy.
He's a crackpot right wing moral absolutist aka liberal party gold

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
historykidd said:

"Hawke told the
Sydney Morning Herald following his preselection in 2007 that he thinks Australia will move increasingly towards an American model of conservatismcapitalism and Christianity, and when they're blended it's a very powerful duo." and that "The two greatest forces for good in human history are captialism and Christianity, and when they're blended it's a very powerful duo." [1]

In 2005, Hawke made it known that he believes the Liberal Party of Australia to be the home of the right, and has claimed that "Nobody joins the Liberal Party to be left-wing. If you stand for compulsory student unionism, drug-injecting rooms and lowering the [homosexual] age of consent, you can choose the Greens, Labor or the Democrats." [14]

Rofl. What a real fuckjob.
Sydney Morning Herald = Australian version of Fox.

biased, boring, and very left wing.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
Sydney Morning Herald = Australian version of Fox.

biased, boring, and very left wing.
Might want to rethink that comment.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
I think all young conservative politicians that speak out against the gay are probably closet gays themselves.

It's just the way things work.

atreus

HSC
alex hawke seems too powerhungry. say what you want about smh sensationalising, but the truth is that it is based on facts in the first place- e.g. getting rid of cadman.

in a way, maybe he seems powerhungry because he is young, but i dont get the same impression from other young MPs like kate ellis.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
atreus said:
alex hawke seems too powerhungry. say what you want about smh sensationalising, but the truth is that it is based on facts in the first place- e.g. getting rid of cadman.

in a way, maybe he seems powerhungry because he is young, but i dont get the same impression from other young MPs like kate ellis.
Nobody should feel like they're assured preselection in a safe seat, it must be based on merit. In his whole 27 years in parliament the best Cadman managed to get was a few months as government whip, he was dead wood.
Dom said:
He's a fucking psycho. Plently looney tunes can seem charming and respectable in public. You seem to think there is some conspiracy against Hawke when most of the critisism of him is based on what he has said himself. How can any libertarian support a man who believes in imposing Christian values on society?
90% of our current parliament believes in Christian values, or says they do to get votes. Consider now that Alex's seat is in the heart of Sydney's bible belt and you'll see why he has to put emphasis on them, and read his maiden speech and you might gain an understanding of how he applies them. I don't agree with him on everything, but he does genuinely believe in small government unlike almost everyone else in parliament and his political compass is only maybe 1 point more authoritarian than mine.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
just read thread. lol @ alex hawke. what a tool.

Gerald10

HSC
Dr 7%, as much as I dislike him, made an exceptional speech on the carers issue with the censure motion, one of the best speeches I've seen in some time, then he was juxtaposed with abbot who essentially just yelled for an extended period of time.

On the state side, FFS, the labour party have got to be the worst and most hated Govt in history to still be even in contention for an election win. Its the liberal party's responsibility as well for not providing adequate opposition. These guys are so far right now that an independant analyst on SkyNews in a discussion with a journalist called the fascist and noone seemed to care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)