Parramatta Campus Parking (1 Viewer)

Sam990

HSC
Hi guys ive heard countless times that parking at parra campus can be a pain,

im planning to purchase a annual parking permit, im just deciding whether which colour "yellow","blue","red" parking permit

will get me a parking most of the time?

help much appreciated

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Haha: red or blue ($240 or something) if you can afford it. Most of the people who apply and successfully get them are staff though.

Sam990

HSC
Haha: red or blue ($240 or something) if you can afford it. Most of the people who apply and successfully get them are staff though.
haha yeh i heard parking at parra is a b***, btw what is the difference between red or blue parking permits?
i know blue is when you can park on both blue or yellow lines

Last edited:

Darkenedjib

HSC
Red is restricted to staff, blue will guarantee you a spot if you can afford it (as they limit the number sold). I always just buy a yellow and get to class a little early (or late), cos it doesn't seem fair to have to buy a permit at 3x the price the get a frigging spot we paid for anyway. From experience those "Parra north guys" who make people U-turn are around from 9am-1pm on busy days. Just avoid them and camp a few minutes for a spot :D.

Sam990

HSC
Red is restricted to staff, blue will guarantee you a spot if you can afford it (as they limit the number sold). I always just buy a yellow and get to class a little early (or late), cos it doesn't seem fair to have to buy a permit at 3x the price the get a frigging spot we paid for anyway. From experience those "Parra north guys" who make people U-turn are around from 9am-1pm on busy days. Just avoid them and camp a few minutes for a spot :D.
woo i got a blue parking permit =], what do you mean by parra north guys?

Foodie

HSC
N/A
woo i got a blue parking permit =], what do you mean by parra north guys?
Parking is CRAZY at parra that they have these parking officers re-routing people to the north parra campus to help alleviate the chaos. ALL the times that I've been told to go to Nrth Parra, there were NEVER any parking places. That's the reason why I schedule most of my classes after 1pm - that way, if I can't find parking, I could just park on the grass - a safe spot (not like those people who park on a really steep hill), the parking ticket officers who go around fining people don't care if you do this/ don't have time to fine you.

Sam990

HSC
lol i see, hm im not to sure if a blue parking permit will guarantee you a parking spot, because staff who have red parking permits are allowed to park on either yellow/blue/red, which will take my spot :mad:

astroe

HSC
Out of curiosity, is there any chance your car would get damaged whilst in the parking lot? I mean moreso than parking down at the shopping centre or something.

I just mean in the sense whether it's worth it to get a brand new car or not, which it wouldn't be if parking scratches/dents were a common occurrence.

Anyone had any experience with this? :p

manavji

HSC
N/A
Out of curiosity, is there any chance your car would get damaged whilst in the parking lot? I mean moreso than parking down at the shopping centre or something.

I just mean in the sense whether it's worth it to get a brand new car or not, which it wouldn't be if parking scratches/dents were a common occurrence.

Yep... when you come back into the parking lot after your tutorial, all the parts of your car will be stolen and you will be left with a tireless body to sit in.

Idiotic questions. next.

Sam990

HSC

security takes happy laps often

Darkenedjib

HSC

It's more common than many would think. There was a thread a while ago about a hit-and-run incident at the Parra parking lot near the library. Last year I also witnessed a car get bumped slightly by a guy who just drove off (cept it was illegally parked). The only "security" I've seen are there to check people's parking permits =/.

astroe

HSC
Yeah, I assumed there were bound to be some incidents, especially given the design of the carparks.

Has anyone actually personally had something happen to them though?

I don't see this as being paranoid or a stupid question. In all honesty if I were to get a new car I'd want to keep it new and should this be an area where the chance of an accident is higher than usual, well then I just wouldn't buy a new car at all. At least security presence will only deter break-ins or car theft, but doesn't really do anything about accidents.

beefnoodle

HSC
If you havent noticed, try to park on Bridge St and Anderson Avenue. The cost is a 5 minutes walk to campus. The neighbourhood is very peaceful and quiet. Look up Google Map :)

manavji

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I assumed there were bound to be some incidents, especially given the design of the carparks.

I don't see this as being paranoid or a stupid question. In all honesty if I were to get a new car I'd want to keep it new and should this be an area where the chance of an accident is higher than usual, well then I just wouldn't buy a new car at all. At least security presence will only deter break-ins or car theft, but doesn't really do anything about accidents.
1. There is something called comprehensive insurance which im sure you would get since your buying a new car.
2. If you dont want to insure your car, it can get stolen or damaged anywhere, not particularly at UWS.
3. Now if you do get comprehensive insurance, and if its not your fault, im sure theyll repair your car and itl be in brand new condition once again, without taking any access from you.

Hence why i said what i said before about this being a stupid question.

astroe

HSC
1. There is something called comprehensive insurance which im sure you would get since your buying a new car.
2. If you dont want to insure your car, it can get stolen or damaged anywhere, not particularly at UWS.
3. Now if you do get comprehensive insurance, and if its not your fault, im sure theyll repair your car and itl be in brand new condition once again, without taking any access from you.
I don't think you understand the concept of insurance. Firstly it's excess.
Comprehensive only works in your favour if you know who hit you. If someone hit you and you found out later, without having any details of driver/licence plate/anything, then sure, the insurance company will gladly fix your car for you, but your premium will go up tenfold.

And I don't care if you think it's a stupid question, if you can't answer my query in a sensible manner then just GTFO of this thread.

Stringer Bell

HSC
N/A
Wouldn't leave my car at UWS unattended, apparently the professors try to badge them.

Bananaberry

HSC

I lived on campus at uni for 3 years. The residence was not away from the uni like other campuses are so my car was parked pretty much in the uni car parks all the time. Never had a problem, there was security going round in their golf carts and they also had CCTV.
Honestly, don't be concerned, its the same situation you would have anywhere - parking in shopping centers etc.

Astroe said though, you will have to pay the excess if someone hits you and you don't know who did it or have no proof. Its a pain but its something that comes with owning a car.

Sam990

HSC
hmm i usually park in p2 which is next to the tennis courts, which parking lot in the uni has cctv/camera?

Bananaberry

HSC
I went to Blacktown, but they are no longer doing classes there are they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)