Part time, number of subjects (1 Viewer)

magic

HSC
The usual number of subjects is 2 per semester for part time. Would it be possible to pick 4, or would the online enrolment program detect that you are part time and would let you exceed the credit points.

Is there such thing as being officially part time, or is it just for UAC purposes.

I plan to transfer to full time after one or two semesters, this is just in case I don't make it into the full time program

sunny

meh.
HSC
Part/Full time is determined by the number of units you do. >=18uoc per session will make you full time for that session. So if you pick four 3uoc subjects you would still be part time. I've been back and forth between part/full time - you just enrol yourself for what you need to and keep it part/full time.

magic

HSC
Did you select part time or full time thru UAC? Because if you started off as full time, I believe you can easily choose less subjects. But if you started off as part time (thru UAC) would you be able to select a full time load.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Let me just reiterate what sunny said.

A full-time study load is at least 18UOC. Anything less constitutes part-time.

It doesn't matter whether your classes are are night, or you work full-time, the part/full-time definition refers to your study load. It has nothing to do with your other committments(specifically, employment) or timetable.

The reason I say that is because some people get confused - we had one 'cadet' from a certain Big4 firm who wanted to know if they could work full-time, study at night (thinking they were part-time) and still be a full-time student.

And UAC, I believe, is irrelevant. It wouldn't matter. UNSW will automatically detect your study load and classify you accordingly. And whilst there is a correlation between a full-time study load and a full-time student, there are some exceptions.:rofl: If you don't get it, don't worry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)