participents with cancer in family needed (1 Viewer)

stephanie01

HSC
hi every one. I was hoping if by any chance you could please fill out my survey which has to do with my IRP it is about the affects cancer has on the family. The survey is attached. Thanx heaps. If you dont have anyone with cancer in your family but do know of someone please let me know and i can get into contatc with them.

Thanx heaps
mwa
:D

onecrazychicken

Steph,

Cancer has had a huge affect on my family.
I think the way you've gone about writting the questions was a little insenstive.

Sorry i could not help you.

Some questions real touchy-touchy. Otherwise i would have got everyone in my family to fill it out.

I'm not critisising your work- please dont take it like that. I'm just saying--- if you want more people to fill this out then perhaps you should be a little less... full on.

Thankyou.
Sorry i was not huge help

Good Luck with your IRP :)

stephanie01

HSC
i understand your view but i knwo how it feels to have cancer in the family my grand mother has been fighting it for like 6 years now and i have had friends who have died because of it ... cacer is a personal issue and i did not mkake my question thats touchy ... people constantly think about all the bad things cancer has affected in their life so im sure answering a few questions wont be to bad ... thanx for your view and i understand what you are saying but i did do alot of reach and back up on the topic including showing the questions to professionals in cancer centers and to those who provide assistance to families ... and it is not like i am asking participants to write their name, age and address down or gender because then it is getting to personal ... most people are willing to talk about the expriences they have had by cancer and the way it has changed their life not just for the bad but the good ... in the long run it makes a family come together and ppl become aware of the important things in life

tomtom

HSC
N/A
Please tick the appropriate box/boxes of each question asked or write a response when needed.

The purpose of this survey is to determine the effects cancer has on the family both financially, emotionally and if assistance is given to the family by facilities available in Sydney. Participation in the survey will assist in a HSC independent research assessment task.

How are you related to the family member who is diagnosed or has had cancer in the past? he is my grandparent

How did you feel when you got told that they had cancer?
Worried

What are/were your worries and feelings for the family member?
this cold affect him living
How did the rest of your family/relatives react when they were informed?
mother was the worries as it was her dad and she stayed with him for ages. sad thing was that my pop's only son didnt even go and see him before it got cut out. he has just only had a heart by pass as well.
Knowing that your family member has/had cancer, how did it change you? For example did you go to mass more often, researched cancer, donated money towards cancer research.
um it just brought it to my attention more so i am going to make sure when i have my family we are going to have regular check ups
Has your family life changed as a result of the cancer? Please explain if yes or no.
No

Yes my parents moved back out to the farm and now i live away from my hole family due to my bro is at uni as well.
As the result of the cancer has your family grown closer together? If yes how? for example to draw support from each other

Yes because not only it was the cancer which did now that we live away from each other the time we spend together is lush not just petty fights.

Is the travailing to receive treatment for your family member difficult? For example if you live far away from medical assistance Yes he has to travel to sydney and he lives in mudgee
Has your family had to move location to be closer to the family member to help look after them or give support and assistance or to be close to medical facilities? If yes please state reason why.

Yes stated above
How much does it cost for treatment?
Not sure
How much does it cost for additional medication? eg pain killers
Not sure suppose but after his heart by pass he was on penadine forte after 3 weeks. it only cost 5$ a box with concession
Does your family receive assistance in caring for the family member? If yes what type.
Not sure
Does your family attend any cancer centres? If yes/sometimes write which one/s.
No

Thank you for giving for your time and participating in the survey. It is much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)