Partner interview tips? (1 Viewer)

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

I have a partner interview coming up with one of the Big 4 for a grad position, what are some tips/advice you would give so I don't stuff up. Is the partner interview more of a formality or is it actually a competitive process? Should I expect it to be more technical or behavioral?

Omg I haven't been this nervous in ages

Thanks

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

I have a partner interview coming up with one of the Big 4 for a grad position, what are some tips/advice you would give so I don't stuff up. Is the partner interview more of a formality or is it actually a competitive process? Should I expect it to be more technical or behavioral?

Omg I haven't been this nervous in ages

Thanks
GL. I'm assuming you applied day 1? I'm only at the video interview stage so far. I'm suprised theyve had ACs already.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
GL. I'm assuming you applied day 1? I'm only at the video interview stage so far. I'm suprised theyve had ACs already.
Nah applied end of Feb, yea surprised theyre going this fast too. Are you going for grad or vaccie?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Expect it to definitely be more behavioural but more of a "if she going to fit in" type of interview - if the partner feels like giving you a technical though, he will, so don't be surprised for one - but generally most will just want to know about you and what you did during uni/achievements/how it correlates etc..

It is still competitive, I don't know the percentages, but definitely not just a formality.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Wonder how it went for you. My guess is it was the stock standard behavioural stuff and to see if they like you - but you should be able to tell before you go into the interview what stage you're upto in the process (i.e. have you already done all the team-activities to prove you can work in a team, is this happening simultaneously as the group sessions therefore it's not taking into account whether they want you already, etc...).

I've also been in some interviews where the partner really wanted to get perspectives on current events/issues (e.g. "Who should be the next PM?" and "What is your view on gambling reform?")... but they aren't common.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)