Pass and honours degrees (1 Viewer)

Chelseafc65

HSC
How are the pass and honours for our final degree determined?

Is HD WAM a first honour, D WAM second upper class, C WAM second lower, etc...

Does the uni omit 1st year or have different weightings on different years?

Because in the UK 1st year doesn't count, second year is 30% 3rd is 70%.

Thanks

dvse

HSC
N/A
I don't think it's really standardised between faculties. Unlike the UK, in Australia most 3 year degrees are considered to be pass degrees. Honours degrees are at least 4 years.

LordPc

HSC
Does the uni omit 1st year or have different weightings on different years?

Because in the UK 1st year doesn't count, second year is 30% 3rd is 70%.
i think that the weightings are up to individual faculties. they are the people taking on the honours students, its up to them to decide how they are chosen

Chelseafc65

HSC
Oh sorry for the misunderstanding. I was refering to a normal degree per say. Because after you graduate you would get your degree and it would say graduated with first class honor, etc. I wasn't referring to an (hon) degree.

Chelseafc65

HSC
ok in the handbook it says...

Rule 1 - Pass and Honours Degrees
The degree of Bachelor of Economics may be conferred as a Pass degree or as an Honours degree. There shall be three classes of Honours, namely Class 1, Class 2 in two Divisions and Class 3. In cases of superior academic performance throughout the program, the Pass degree may be conferred with Distinction.

So does this mean when you graduate you get your degree certificate saying you passed, and then a transcript to sweeten the deal of the tuition fees.

So only if you do a honours degree which includes one extra year of study will you get a certificate saying either Class 1, Class 2 in two Divisions and Class 3. Is this correct?

Thanks

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
ok in the handbook it says...

So only if you do a honours degree which includes one extra year of study will you get a certificate saying either Class 1, Class 2 in two Divisions and Class 3. Is this correct?

Thanks
That's correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)