any comments from past students?
pretty tough..a lot of self motivated input for this course :/

doing alright for labs/tutes ~45% ish
midsem multichoice exam was pretty easy. dont know the mark yet
grp proj is going good, got abt 80% for first submission

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
try and get better marks for labs, ask the lab dude for any help that u need, no matter how stupid the question. Also, in the labs, try working with a partner, when i did it i worked with a friend in the materials labs, and in the chem our row always helped each other out (row of 3), its very helpful doing it this way. and ask the lab attendants anything u dont understand.

you should be passing the labs, but if u thought the midsem was easy then it should be fine.

group project you should go good in as well.
i had a very organised group with smart ppl, we went really awesome in our group submissions.

my labs i went pretty good too, one chem lab i got 4/10, the rest were between 7-10/10.

i went shit in the midsem but i didnt study at all for it (cbf'd).

i found this course kinda easy and very bludgey, because i was good at hsc chem and i did engineering studies in hsc as well, meaning i was familiar with the materials aspect of the course.

if ur finding it hard then make sure u study through all ur lecture notes regularly, study the textbook (if there is one, i didnt get it), complete your chem tutorials, i personally stopped going to the chem tutes because i already knew that stuff, but ppl who didnt do chem in hsc found it difficult.

u can pm me if u need some help, i might not remember everything but i'll try my best to help :)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
try and get better marks for labs, ask the lab dude for any help that u need, no matter how stupid the question. Also, in the labs, try working with a partner, when i did it i worked with a friend in the materials labs, and in the chem our row always helped each other out (row of 3), its very helpful doing it this way. and ask the lab attendants anything u dont understand.

you should be passing the labs, but if u thought the midsem was easy then it should be fine.

group project you should go good in as well.
i had a very organised group with smart ppl, we went really awesome in our group submissions.

my labs i went pretty good too, one chem lab i got 4/10, the rest were between 7-10/10.

i went shit in the midsem but i didnt study at all for it (cbf'd).

i found this course kinda easy and very bludgey, because i was good at hsc chem and i did engineering studies in hsc as well, meaning i was familiar with the materials aspect of the course.

if ur finding it hard then make sure u study through all ur lecture notes regularly, study the textbook (if there is one, i didnt get it), complete your chem tutorials, i personally stopped going to the chem tutes because i already knew that stuff, but ppl who didnt do chem in hsc found it difficult.

u can pm me if u need some help, i might not remember everything but i'll try my best to help :)

the materials textbook was chock full of bloody extras that i didnt even need for the mid session or final exam.
silberberg, maybe if you can be bothered.

tazzyboys

HSC
thanks omie, that was great help

with maths1131,mats1101 and phys 1131 - is a pass just an overall 50%+ when all the marks are calculated? or is there some other requirement like 50%+ in final exam as well..
thanks

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
it should be just 50% overall, only if they specify otherwise.

i did phys1121 and they said that they can fail us if our performance in the final exam is not good enough, but i got around 36% in final exam and got a 56 and pass in the course, so should be fine.

but in comp1911 u NEEDED to pass the final to pass the course.

pfft

HSC
I chose this subject for sem2 and I have no chemistry background at all..should i stil give it ago?

Uncle

Banned
HSC
you can.
the chemistry strand also covered content from the hsc chemistry option topic industrial chem which i didnt do and was able to handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)