Past Extension 2 English Candidates... (1 Viewer)

evelyn11

HSC
Hello all. I have just begun Ext. 2 English and am considering developing a Critical Response for my major work. If anybody has previously contended with this, a little assistance for inspiration would go a long way. How did you come up with your idea? Thank you everybody xx

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I found my inspiration for my major work when I was staring at a door during Extension 1 English. True story.

acemusic415

HSC
My inspiration came from the Black Swan, yet my concept had nothing to do with the film and its themes. Drawing inspiration comes from many different places.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i kinda had my idea in my head for a few months before i even started the course lol (i was fairly intent on doing it for a while beforehand)

evelyn11

HSC
ok thanks guys... maybe i'll just do some thinking. thanks anyway :)

Galladrim

HSC
Don't sit there waiting for it to jump out at you. Believe me, I tried. :uhoh: :idea:

Select areas of personal interest to you - issues, people, literary works, films etc. Do some reading + research on them, and find an area that you can pursue further. The sky is really the limit

Making sure it's something that you like is important, because you're going to spend a year on it.

Effulgence

HSC
Not sure I'm going to use this idea, but I'm also doing it this year. I had my idea while typing Modern History homework because a finger infection was preventing me from handwriting. My advice for getting ideas (generally from my previous writing experience) is to read non-fiction, but preferably in books and not on the Internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)