Past HSC Student; advice to those taking IPT in 2013 (1 Viewer)

dylanbigdaddy

HSC
Hey, after finishing the HSC course for IPT I found it insufferable. The textbook by Davis is way, way too thick. Even my teacher said that it contained way too irrelevant detail. However at the moment it is the only text book that covers the syllabus fully, I suggest to you that you invest in getting yourself the Excel HSC IPT study guide. doesn't have everything, but does explain things a lot better then Davis. It is a must have. You can get a really good deal from these guys: http://www.totallyonline.com.au/inf...rmation-process-technology-9781741253597.html
they seem to always have it on sale so even cheaper then buying it directly from Excel [in my experience]. Get this early and refer to it as often as you can. I had this teacher who had a realy monotone voice and paying attention was really hard, this may be different form teacher to teacher, but I found it helpful to constantly ask questions. but thats really general to every subject. Really my greatest advice I could give is only do this if your really really want to, like for a career or something, if not try and find another subject. But if you do want to go through the subject, get the Excel book. It has helped me 150% more then Davis.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I have notes in my sig, bottom of page 3.

I used the excel book too, It is really good, as it's updated for the latest changes to the syllabus, and covers everything thoroughly for the entire HSC course.

George121

HSC
I have notes in my sig, bottom of page 3.

I used the excel book too, It is really good, as it's updated for the latest changes to the syllabus, and covers everything thoroughly for the entire HSC course.
Your notes helped me so much - Thankyou !

Chupchup

HSC
Well I am in year 9 and I'm doing accelerated IPT so I think the preliminary book is alright. Not that fun I guess...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Advice: do past papers and questions and you will be fine . ( I bludged most of my IPT classes)

Heydosaurus

HSC
Advice from a 2012 band sixer (93): coast the entirety of the course. This is not limited to spending full double periods playing Counter Strike and Halo CE. In the HSC paper, if you find that the option/s that you studied in class are harder than you expected, utilise your knowledge from your other courses to complete options that you did not study in class. The day before the exam, spend the full day and night around Sydney city and at a concert. Do the entirety of your study for the HSC exam the morning before the exam.

jenslekman

HSC
Advice from a 2012 band sixer (93): coast the entirety of the course. This is not limited to spending full double periods playing Counter Strike and Halo CE. In the HSC paper, if you find that the option/s that you studied in class are harder than you expected, utilise your knowledge from your other courses to complete options that you did not study in class. The day before the exam, spend the full day and night around Sydney city and at a concert. Do the entirety of your study for the HSC exam the morning before the exam.
lol definitely this

BigBadBader

HSC
im doing ipt now but my biggest problem is the lack of intrest i have for it, i do IP, SDD, and ITVET. although sdd is harder i find it funner than the rest. therefore i lack motivaton to study for ipt...

any advice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)