Past LAT (1 Viewer)

beetree1

HSC
As a student who has only completed the 2019 LAT and am looking to do it again in 2 days, I am extremely curious as to what the previous years' LAT questions were as they do not publicise this on their website. If anyone who did it in previous years, or knows something, please drop it below to help us future law students practice please and thank you :)

Here, I'll start.
In 2019, for Question 1, they asked you to evaluate the effectiveness of an article on Gambling Advertisements
For Question 2, they asked you to form an argument for/against Surrogacy.

Thanks in advance to those who reply :)

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
How did you guys find this years LAT?

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Not too bad, I heard we aren't allowed to say what the questions were. However, since there is no criteria I'm not really sure how I did
That's good! How'd you find it in comparison with the sample paper?
Yep, that's correct!
I agree, but all the best nonetheless!

beetree1

HSC
Not too bad, I heard we aren't allowed to say what the questions were. However, since there is no criteria I'm not really sure how I did
I think that only applied for that day as there were 3 sessions and the later sessions would benefit off that but I think its fine now

beetree1

HSC
That's good! How'd you find it in comparison with the sample paper?
Yep, that's correct!
I agree, but all the best nonetheless!
They say the sample paper is indicative of the level of difficulty but I thought that the sample papers stimulus for Question 1 was a lot more flawed and thus easier to judge (this also applied for 2019) ... The question 2 was of similar difficulty though

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
They say the sample paper is indicative of the level of difficulty but I thought that the sample papers stimulus for Question 1 was a lot more flawed and thus easier to judge (this also applied for 2019) ... The question 2 was of similar difficulty though
100%!!

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
For me it was definitely harder then the sample paper
That's okay! I hope you do well!

I understand because as @beetree1 said, question 1 in the sample paper had more flaws. I felt that in regards to question 2 of this years paper, it was more objective rather than subjective. I personally feel like it's harder to argue something that's already legalised and enforced but then yet again, question 2 is ultimately about how strong we can argue.

JesusChriiii

HSC
I found it reasonably hard. I'm curious about how long was your writing? I wrote 4 pages for the first question and 3 and a half pages for question 2

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
I found it reasonably hard. I'm curious about how long was your writing? I wrote 4 pages for the first question and 3 and a half pages for question 2
Always keep in mind that it's quality > quantity.

I wrote 6 pages for question 1 and 5 pages for question 2.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know when the results come out and do we receive them via email?
Also, are any offers made based on our LAT results?

beetree1

HSC
Does anyone know when the results come out and do we receive them via email?
Also, are any offers made based on our LAT results?
LAT results come out around mid november - late november

They can only be used in consideration along with your ATAR, and only for UNSW Law. There are no exceptions such as early entry etc. if that was what you were asking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)