Past papers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Since there are so many past papers for chemistry and physics, why there isn't any in Biology?:confused: :confused: :confused:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
coz no one is bothered to post them up LOL

yeah get those success one books.. has all the past exams and teir solutions from 1992 i think... only $20

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Please people, post the past trial papers up.
Need help for Bio.

Akira_Tikira

I think we have to face facts...biology is a subject where people couldn't be bothered posting materials....teachers couldn't be bothered teaching us....and we have to rely on ourself to do everything ourself

JUB JUB

HSC
Unfortunately, that is soooooooo true.

I have nothing to work with

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
No wonder only 2 % of the candidates got into Band 6 in Biology while there is 8% for chemistry!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(

I must urge again, please post people, together we'll make Biology the top science course in the 2003 HSC!!:D :D

Akira_Tikira

I wouldn't say that....

I don't believe it is because the personal in Bio is so much worth, it is because the BOS want to push the students to do their preferred science. They believe Biology is a less quality science if I can put it, and this goes for Standard English and senior science etc...

Its very hard to get a high mark in Biology...

Have u thought of phoning up the companies that make the past papers and asking them to buy it (not this years obviously).

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Akira_Tikira, stop focusing on the negative, if you look at Medicine - the highest UAI course in Uni, what science course does Medicine based on? Biology, you see. :)

Akira_Tikira

Why don't you ask how many people who do medicine do Biology....there is not many!!!!!

Why......You tell me!!!!!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Because you are putting Bio down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:chainsaw:

and plus, you might be suprised how many medicine students actually DID biology.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
uhm, pplz, let's not argue here, i believe those who all haf time to wonder around here all do biology..... so let's not put bio down, nor do we put it up... okie, bio doesn't get scaled well, in addition, not many pplz do it..... but y r u complainin now?? if u think bio is something unachievable, then y choose it in the first place??

while on the other hand, i dunt really thing many pplz got into med actually do bio, considerin the fact that prereq for med is only eng adv, and recommend study is chem + phys.....

hafin said all those, just sayin: the dep of edu actually determines how many percent of pplz gets band 6, so blame them..... :p

schooly

i am a little bit confused. people are always saying biology doesnt scale much, and not like chemistry and physics and so on. but looking at the scaling of cources of 2002 and 2001 on bos.org, physics was only 3.6 (Scaled mean) above biology. is that like a lot or something? because i can see physics is just about the same as 2u maths on the list.

Akira_Tikira

Put it this way
Biology had 2.3% in band 6
Physic and Chem had about 8-9%

Now, does that mean Biology students are not as good as Phy or Chem students. Of course not. It what BOS use to make sure the talented do the Phys and Chem.

And you have to say, if you walk into a bio exam with absolutely no knowledge of Biology.....you can use common sense and general knowledge to get you through...traditonally so much of Biology is skills....

If you do the same for Physics.....I doubt you can get more than 10%....

It is unfortunately....so in summary....easy to get between 80-90 but very hard as you will agree with me to crack into band 6

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
If this years HSC is anything like last years, it's anyones best guess what mark you could end up with in bio. The questions were ridiculous....your marks could have gone either way in the multiple choice section, because a lot of it you couldn't really have studied for.
If you haven't looked at last years HSC paper yet-check it out to see what I'm talking about. But if I recall correctly, if got a lot of criticism last year, so hopefully this years will be better...

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Survivor39
Akira_Tikira, stop focusing on the negative, if you look at Medicine - the highest UAI course in Uni, what science course does Medicine based on? Biology, you see. :)
Not anymore it aint, rocket science is higher and that is based on physics.

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Calculon
Not anymore it aint, rocket science is higher and that is based on physics.
well, it's debatable... rocket science (uhm, space engineerin of somesort i think) is alot high... 99.xx almost matchin law in unsw... but med's selection criteria has turned very strange recently, so u can't really tell...

also, med is based more on chem and phys as well i fink... cuz apparently, in gamsat, u r tested on 1st year chem and hsc phys... =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)