Pathways and UMAT (1 Viewer)

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello everyone.

Recently i decided that i am going to be doing pathways (doing the HSC over two years)

Can i do the UMAT in my first year of yr12, and have it still count for when i apply (for 2010)?

I know that it is valid for two years, but i heard that only yr 12s can do it. Does that mean people studying the HSC, or people in their final year of school?

thnks alot ---->

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
siddharthlaha said:
Hello everyone.

Recently i decided that i am going to be doing pathways (doing the HSC over two years)

Can i do the UMAT in my first year of yr12, and have it still count for when i apply (for 2010)?

I know that it is valid for two years, but i heard that only yr 12s can do it. Does that mean people studying the HSC, or people in their final year of school?

thnks alot ---->
Hello siddharth,

I'm not 100% sure but UMAT is definitely not limited to yr12s only as you can do it while you are in university but what I don't know is if you can do it if you are not in Yr12 yet which you seem to be in already so it doesn't matter. To make sure, why not call up ACER?

EDIT: Just so anyone is interested.

Matt said:
The whole only students in yr 12 doing UMAT is a technicality. I know of plenty of people doing it in year 11.

Basically, yes, you can do the UMAT this year.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Hello siddharth,

I'm not 100% sure but UMAT is definitely not limited to yr12s only as you can do it while you are in university but what I don't know is if you can do it if you are not in Yr12 yet which you seem to be in already so it doesn't matter. To make sure, why not call up ACER?

EDIT: Just so anyone is interested.
UMAT can only be taken if your in your final year of high school study i.e. yr 12. Thus you must be ur 10th UAI counting unit in the year you wish to sit umat or the year that you expect to recieve a uai.

Please refer to ACER UMAT Booklet: 2.2 "Candidates registering for UMAT2008 should have already completed or plan to complete their final year of secondary schooling in 2008.

Students whose current educational level is Year 11 or lower are NOT elibigle to take UMAT. This includes Year 11 students undertaking one or ore Year 12 subjects."

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Wooz said:
UMAT can only be taken if your in your final year of high school study i.e. yr 12. Thus you must be ur 10th UAI counting unit in the year you wish to sit umat or the year that you expect to recieve a uai.

Please refer to ACER UMAT Booklet: 2.2 "Candidates registering for UMAT2008 should have already completed or plan to complete their final year of secondary schooling in 2008.

Students whose current educational level is Year 11 or lower are NOT elibigle to take UMAT. This includes Year 11 students undertaking one or ore Year 12 subjects."
I remember reading that too, d'oh!

Sorry for the misinformation but people kept telling me that you could. :(

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
But Ive already applyed for the UMAT! can i withdraw an application? or can i just sit the exam, even though it wont count, and then do it agian next year?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
siddharthlaha said:
But Ive already applyed for the UMAT! can i withdraw an application? or can i just sit the exam, even though it wont count, and then do it agian next year?
Contact ACER asap, if the medschool's you apply for pick up the discreptancy next year your in trouble! They should as both are on data bases and cross matched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)