Pauline Hanson to stand for election. Again. (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Former One Nation party founder Pauline Hanson has put her name to a new party which she hopes will help her win a Senate spot at the next election.

More than a decade after she first entered federal parliament, Ms Hanson has launched a new political party - Pauline's United Australia Party.

The party structure will help the former fish and chip shop owner improve her chances of stealing a seat from the bigger parties.

"I am standing as a Senate candidate for Queensland and it was essential for me to have a party structure so I can have my name placed above the line on the ballot paper," Ms Hanson said.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...nited-australia/2007/05/24/1179601573572.html

Have there been any elections since 1996 in which she hasn't stood? Seriously, Pauline, you were a flash in the pan. It's over now.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
The news title should say "Failed politician has come back"
(with a different mask on this time).

I don't think she'll win.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
The scary thing is she could win. We're talking about Queensland remember.
hahaha

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
The scary thing is she could win. We're talking about Queensland remember.
Well, if she represents the people of Queensland. :karate: What can we do? That's democracy for you, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Optophobia said:
Remember when she was released from prison. They asked her if she would go into politics (try to, at least) again, and she said "i would have to have rocks in my head".
and no one ever dounted she did:p

Gilbert2

HSC
I'll vote for her. Australia need more people like her

P. Dophile

Banned
HSC
I'm gunna vote for her even though i'm in nsw because i love her ideas so much she says what we're all thinking u know what i mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)