Pay for a higher uai? (1 Viewer)

jpcg

HSC
Is it true that you can pay for extra points in the uai? because thats what i heard..if it's true i think it's a bit unfair...

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
You can pay to have your exams re-marked, if you think there have been any errors. You can enter a course full-fee if your UAI is a little below the cut-off.

You cannot buy UAI points.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
No. Maybe your getting it mixed up with access UAI's into uni...if you pay the money straight up, the access UAI is lower than what it is if you go on HECs.

P

pLuvia

If that were the case, their would be 100's of people maybe thousands getting in the 100s. But you can pay full fee to get into high courses that your UAI does not achieve

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
you probally are getting confused with full-fee university places.

These do NOT change your UAI however.

the UAI cut-off for a full-fee place will be lower only due to the fact ther is usually lower demand for such places. (as UAI cutt-offs are heavily dependent on supply/demand) It is however prevented from falling more than 5 UAI points below the CSP cut-off.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
jpcg said:
Is it true that you can pay for extra points in the uai?
Whatever you've heard about buying a higher UAI is nonsense. Just get it out of your head. :)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
however it is known that you can fuck UAC members for a higher UAI.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
thats a good idea actualli.... rooting = extra UAI
i can see alot of sex going on, alot of fornication, alot of babies and alot of money from the government being spent on ppl who have babies RIGHT before election time hahaha

it'd be a good rumour to start tho, we can use that as another reason why the rich schools get a higher level of university entries.... but thats slack :(

cheers

HSC
noo .. i think you guys got it wrong, you pay 11ooo$ yeahh around there my cousin is an overseas student .. soo if your willing to pay that amount every year then i presume you can get into any cousre you want to

tC xoxo

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
lilkiwicutie89 said:
noo .. i think you guys got it wrong, you pay 11ooo$ yeahh around there my cousin is an overseas student .. soo if your willing to pay that amount every year then i presume you can get into any cousre you want to
tC xoxo
No, thats getting into uni by buying a spot(which has its own limits) it has nothing whatsoever to do with increasing your UAI. This statement below says everything that needs to be said:
Riviet said:
Whatever you've heard about buying a higher UAI is nonsense. Just get it out of your head.:)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
lilkiwicutie89 said:
tC xoxo
"the UAI cut-off for a full-fee place will be lower only due to the fact there is usually lower demand for such places. (as UAI cutt-offs are heavily dependent on supply/demand) It is however prevented from falling more than 5 UAI points below the CSP cut-off."

i.e you cant just get into any course you want with any uai.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Rafy said:
i.e you cant just get into any course you want with any uai.
however it is known that you can fuck senior university admin staff for entry to university

jpcg

HSC
Rafy said:
you probally are getting confused with full-fee university places.

These do NOT change your UAI however.

the UAI cut-off for a full-fee place will be lower only due to the fact ther is usually lower demand for such places. (as UAI cutt-offs are heavily dependent on supply/demand) It is however prevented from falling more than 5 UAI points below the CSP cut-off.
yeah i think thats what im getting confused with

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
When of the only things money can't buy UAI points and happiness or so they say.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
jpcg said:
Is it true that you can pay for extra points in the uai? because thats what i heard..if it's true i think it's a bit unfair...
Bribe the markers and the people at UAC and maybe that'll be true:)

X

xeuyrawp

Dreamerish*~ said:
You can pay to have your exams re-marked, if you think there have been any errors. You can enter a course full-fee if your UAI is a little below the cut-off.

You cannot buy UAI points.
I fail to see the difference between USyd's hugely different HECS/Full Fee places and 'buying UAI points'. They're exactly the same; just because you don't get any extra UAI points on a piece of paper makes no difference, as the UAI is (as it explicitly implies) a measurement to get into uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)