Paying to make sure they marked it correctly (1 Viewer)

ajmason87

HSC
Does anyne think its a bit of a wank that u have to pay actual money to make sure that the ppl getting paid to mark did their job correctly? It should be right anyway, the mere fact that this service exists proves that the marking system has sizeable flaws.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
ajmason87 said:
Does anyne think its a bit of a wank that u have to pay actual money to make sure that the ppl getting paid to mark did their job correctly? It should be right anyway, the mere fact that this service exists proves that the marking system has sizeable flaws.

no it doesn't, also, you will find no one that u will talk to has gained extra marks for the clerical rechecks.

they are there for legal reasons. People are never satisfied - some think of themselves as better than what they really are.

If there was no cost, even i would get a recheck. This was the stupidest comment i've ever heard. Think about it, everyone would get a recheck (wouldn't hurt really IF ITS FREE) they are not gonna waste their time recounting marks because of some paranoid, nerd wanna be losers.

Time is money, get over it... thats what u got in the exam.

the only flaw in the are the students mistakes.

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
Its pretty easy to miss count a few marks..

papers are only checked twice...

you think a teacher after doing 100s of papers in one night may just miss 1 mark, it happens teachers are not robots...

also why the hell is english double the fee of every thing else?

I really only want my english checked aggain because I feel like i got screwd in it..

82% in the trial CSSA hsc
68% in the hsc

wtf is going on? I came out with a mark of 70 in eng which i was really pissed about :(

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
7th Sign said:
Its pretty easy to miss count a few marks..

papers are only checked twice...

you think a teacher after doing 100s of papers in one night may just miss 1 mark, it happens teachers are not robots...

also why the hell is english double the fee of every thing else?

I really only want my english checked aggain because I feel like i got screwd in it..

82% in the trial CSSA hsc
68% in the hsc

wtf is going on? I came out with a mark of 70 in eng which i was really pissed about :(
if this is standard english 70 is a decent mark.

but advanced, prob get a recheck haha even though i dont believe in it.

it costs double cause there is 2 papers.
Also, wouldn't the marks just be typed in the computer and added by the computer TWICE.

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
Thats so stupid checking english for twice the price. There are prob less questions to add up the score for anyway. It should cost more for subjects like maths where they have to go through each section of each question which would take more time than an english exam.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haboozin said:
if this is standard english 70 is a decent mark.

but advanced, prob get a recheck haha even though i dont believe in it.

it costs double cause there is 2 papers.
Also, wouldn't the marks just be typed in the computer and added by the computer TWICE.

They don't type them anymore. They are scanned by a computer.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
politik said:
Its not for marking its for clerical errors. They dont remark your exam, they check that the marks were added up correctly and computed correctly.
and that's what I'm shitty about... *tears*

volition

arr.
HSC
Wanna know what i think? I think that if you get them rechecked and THEY WERE WRONG, and you deserved better, then you shouldn't have to pay. If you have them rechecked and they were right the first time, you should have to pay for it.

Or even, just you pay first up, and if they're wrong, you get your money back (and the mark adjusted too of course).

monchhichi

HSC
can somebody please tell me, if we did pay to get papers recheck and they find more marks to DEDUCT from us.. do our hsc marks still stay the same since it was THEIR FAULT in the beginning that they gave us a higher mark????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)