PDA/Smartphone (1 Viewer)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I am planning to get a PDA/smart phone. Do you use one? Any recommendations??

HSC
Had a Blackberry, pretty useless for me. Most of the features it had were either unnecessary or were on my phone anyways. Not sure about the newer smartphones though.

kara42

HSC
z600 said:
I am planning to get a PDA/smart phone. Do you use one? Any recommendations??
I think the Blackberry Pearl sounds awesome, never tried it though.

I've had a Windows Mobile SPV C500 in the past and I have a Hiptop now, both of which are awesome.

EDIT: I don't think you'd be able to get an SPV C500 these days, though.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I hate windows on smartphones. What do you guys think of the Nokia E71?

erm

HSC
z600 said:
If you don't mind carrying around two devices, I say just get a middle-of-the-range dedicated PDA, and continue to use your existing phone. Will be cheaper. Also some smartphones try to converge everything and fail miserably (jack of all trades...etc).

erm

HSC
z600 said:

So you're ruling out the windows mobile OS? That will limit your choice of devices if you don't want that.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
erm said:
So you're ruling out the windows mobile OS? That will limit your choice of devices if you don't want that.
yeah. My phone went up in smokes (literally today)...so I guess I will get something that is a PDA and a phone.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
apparently palm centro is pretty good, not too expensive

johony

HSC
z600 said:
the E71 is one of the better smartphones you can get atm. might take awhile to get used to for some things because of the keys, but it's a pretty good phone overall.

thought about the iphone? it's not feature packed, but the usability, quality and quantity of apps smoke the symbian and wm phones combined.

aussie-boy

HSC
if you want to use it for music and proper mobile browsing, iphone is really your only option... if its just for calls and organisation - go for something with windows mobile

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I have a ipod touch and i am not so keen on the touch screen for typing while on the move. I message and e-mail alot on my phone so I need something quick and accurate. As for windows based mobiles, I find them really hard to navigate through and they are really slow.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
yeah windows mobile is really crappy, my best advice for this is to go to phone shops and ask to have a look

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I just bought an E71. However the bad news is the memory card doesnt seem to work. The phones does not recognise there is a memory card inserted. I've tried turning it off and on, take the card out and blew some air into the slot.

Any other ideas? Or should I take it back to Nokia?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
z600 said:
I just bought an E71. However the bad news is the memory card doesnt seem to work. The phones does not recognise there is a memory card inserted. I've tried turning it off and on, take the card out and blew some air into the slot.

Any other ideas? Or should I take it back to Nokia?
format the memory card if u can

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)