PDHPE and BIO tips (1 Viewer)

CALI22

HSC
Hey, I recently got my trial marks back for PDHPE and BIO and I would like some advice on how to structure bio responses and strategies for multiple choice questions in PDHPE as I didn't do well in that particular section. Any recommendations or advice would really help! thanks.

ATAR + Life = 99.95

HSC
you dont need a structure. Just listen to the teacher in class and learn content in class and then just write down everything you know on the exam booklet cause then they know you pay attention in class.
with the multiple choice, you don't need to study for it, you can usually just use common sense or just guess B or C as the answer cause they are common.
I use these methods and i consistently get over 60% in PDHPE exams, so hopefully it should work for you also maybe.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I use these methods and i consistently get over 60% in PDHPE exams, so hopefully it should work for you also maybe.
Good for you
Hey, I recently got my trial marks back for PDHPE and BIO and I would like some advice on how to structure bio responses and strategies for multiple choice questions in PDHPE as I didn't do well in that particular section. Any recommendations or advice would really help! thanks.
Sorry about this guy above :/

I don't do PDH, but I can help with Bio -- what my teacher suggests is the IDEA structure - Identify, Describe, Explain, Analyse. Using this for each key verb in a question (e.g., a 3 mark Explain) you know that you need to do IDE: Identify what the question is asking, Describe in a little detail why, and then Explain (cause and effect) in even more detail.

The idea of structuring your responses like this is to get the clearest message across to the marker saying "hey I know this" and then fleshing it out with extra detail and examples (or so my teacher says)

@Hivaclibtibcharkwa probably has some stuff to add for the bio responses too

CALI22

HSC
Good for you

Sorry about this guy above :/

I don't do PDH, but I can help with Bio -- what my teacher suggests is the IDEA structure - Identify, Describe, Explain, Analyse. Using this for each key verb in a question (e.g., a 3 mark Explain) you know that you need to do IDE: Identify what the question is asking, Describe in a little detail why, and then Explain (cause and effect) in even more detail.

The idea of structuring your responses like this is to get the clearest message across to the marker saying "hey I know this" and then fleshing it out with extra detail and examples (or so my teacher says)

@Hivaclibtibcharkwa probably has some stuff to add for the bio responses too
thank you so much for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)