PDHPE concerns! (1 Viewer)

changeofheart

HSC
I'm studying PDHPE as one of my subjects for 2011 HSC
It is commonplace that everyone says it scales horribly and will only serve as a detriment to the overall ATAR.. I understand this to some extent, but can someone with a more profound knowledge and experience elaborate on this?
My class consists of <10 students, who are all very capable and strong in their PDHPE ability and knowledge

muzeikchun852

HSC
it you are getting about 85%+ for each assessment tasks, scaling wont effect you much.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Unless you're aiming for 98-99+ atar then you shouldn't worry too much about it's scaling; also, a solid band 6 should sort of counter it's negative effects anyway

haha_me

HSC
Band 6 is enough - I got and atar of just over 90 with 91 in pdh

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I did Pd/h/pe, i did little to no work all year. I crammed before trials and HSC, and I got 91 overall for it.
It's an interesting and easy subject. I don't know why more people don't choose it :S

Stick with it, especially if you like it. My older sis got 96 in it too, and she put less effort into pe than english or maths.

Deathless

HSC
Unless you're aiming for 98-99+ atar then you shouldn't worry too much about it's scaling; also, a solid band 6 should sort of counter it's negative effects anyway
Not true. Doing poor-scaling subjects don't mean you can't get 99+.

You should do a subject you like and your certain you can do well. Scaling will only affect you if you are not doing too well.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

You should do a subject you like and your certain you can do well. Scaling will only affect you if you are not doing too well.
^ this is true.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

no no! i never said that

I did studies of religion and legal studies/(basically all humanities and no phys, chemistry or mx2) and still managed to pull a mid 98s atar

It's just that if you get mid 80s for pdhpe that wouldn't work well at all if you were trying for a high atar

hence why i said this:
also, a solid band 6 should sort of counter it's negative effects anyway
A friend of mine did very much the same with no high scaling subjects and got 99.95.

I for one know very much that you don't need high scaling subjects and am against choosing subjects for their scaling

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)