PDHPE exam question - worried! (1 Viewer)

atamiabwv

HSC
The question from the 2017 HSC PDHPE exam:

Using examples, explain how specific vitamins and/or minerals affect athletic performance. (5 marks)

I just realised that I misread the question. I wrote about how vitamin and mineral supplements can be detrimental to performance, e.g. an excessive intake of vitamins A and D cause side effects like muscle and joint pain, nausea and fatigue, and also too much of the mineral iron ingested can damage cells of the gastrointestinal tract, thus inhibiting performance. However after re-reading the question and skimming through the sample answer, I noticed the question asked about just vitamins and minerals themselves and not the supplements.

Is my answer considered wrong and will I miss out on marks? :frown2: What do you guys think?

Last edited:

captainneuro

HSC
The question from the 2017 HSC PDHPE exam:

Using examples, explain how specific vitamins and/or minerals affect athletic performance. (5 marks)

I just realised that I misread the question. I wrote about how vitamin and mineral supplements can be detrimental to performance, e.g. an excessive intake of vitamins A and D cause side effects like muscle and joint pain, nausea and fatigue, and also too much of the mineral iron ingested can damage cells of the gastrointestinal tract, thus inhibiting performance. However after re-reading the question and skimming through the sample answer, I noticed the question asked about just vitamins and minerals themselves and not the supplements.

Is my answer considered wrong and will I miss out on marks? :frown2: What do you guys think?
lmao i remember doing that question in the exam. Your examples are good btw, and no I wouldn't say your answer is particularly considered "wrong" but it's not the full answer so probably would lose marks for that. Maybe received like 2-3/5? from what you've written there only.

Last edited:

atamiabwv

HSC
Damn that’s a shame I lost a couple of marks :( but thanks for your reply sabbabbby!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)