Peak science (1 Viewer)

Yell0w

HSC
My friends got in peak during the 6-week holiday. Funny thing was i called them a week later and the person who picked up jotted down my details and said they call me back... which they never ever did.

Oh, i also remember trying to join in year 11. My school was going ahead of them ,no idea how that happened, they told me that it would be a waste of time for me.

My friends also told me there are like 'factors' which would increase your chances of getting a seat there.

1. Live near or at Canley Heights
2. Good ranks in school
3. Also attend Ngo and Sons Tutoring
4. Get your parents to do the talking on the phone
5. If you do both physics + chemistry
6. How far are you in the topic
7. What time you call, because you want to speak to him directly, not to someone else and getting 'call you back'.

So yeah, good luck.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
My friends also told me there are like 'factors' which would increase your chances of getting a seat there.

1. Live near or at Canley Heights
2. Good ranks in school
3. Also attend Ngo and Sons Tutoring
4. Get your parents to do the talking on the phone
5. If you do both physics + chemistry
6. How far are you in the topic
7. What time you call, because you want to speak to him directly, not to someone else and getting 'call you back'.

So yeah, good luck.
Time to dispel the rumours:

1. Bullshit.
2. Not as big a factor, really. Beneficial, but I wouldn't make a sweeping generalisation like that. Have seen many 'bad' (per se) students make it in, and 'good' students not.
3. Yes, true. Peak is a subsidiary of Ngo and Sons, so it only makes sense to give preference to kids that go there.
4. I don't think I know anyone who didn't get their parents to do the talking for them.
5. Bullshit.
6. Yes.
7. I remember I was given the 'We'll call you back' thing. But maybe I got lucky.

yousukatmaths

HSC
Saturday and _______________. Someone fill the second part in please.

Physics
9:30 - 11:15
Chem
11:15 - 1

The other class is ahead by 6 months, I think. :p
Year 11 Peak is on Friday 5 to 8:30pm, Saturday 2:30 to 6:15pm and Sunday 9 to 12:30pm (Not too sure about the Sunday time).

And no class is ahead by 6 months, Friday and Saturday are at about the same place, and Sunday is about 3-4 weeks behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)