Pedigree Charts (1 Viewer)

mmmm.

HSC
Could someone plz tell me any tips if we get a pedigree chart that we need to analyse in the exam. ik whether it is dominant or recessive, but how do we know if it is autosomal or sex linked?

Any other tips would be helpful aswell

大きい男

HSC
Although there are ways of narrowing down the possibilities, the only definitive way of solving a pedigree (that is not too arduous) is to do trial and error to see which possibilities make sense. I doubt there will be a pedigree in which you can't tell if it's autosomal or sex-linked. Is there a specific question you were unsure of how to do?

mmmm.

HSC
There isn't a specific question, but just in general when I'm doing practice papers or like in our trials, i always seem to mess them up.
btw i see you got 91 in bio, do you have any tips for the exam,?

大きい男

HSC
In all honesty, I wasn't very good at bio. I found it tough to memorise all of the content as I didn't enjoy most of mod 5 and 6. From what I have learned in other sciences, however, the long responses need time. Spending just a few minutes planning a response for a 7-9 mark question is extremely helpful. If you are running out of time, it is probably best not to do this as relevant information will usually get you a few marks, say 3/9, which is better than 0. As far as the rest of the exam, I don't really have any advice other than to be specific in your responses and to read questions carefully so you don't miss out on anything.

jojosiwa123

HSC
for pedigrees, I'm pretty sure they can't give you sex linked or co-dominance- it would take way too long for an MCQ and I don't think it would come up in a long response...
for sex-linked, try and see if all the people with the same gender in a generation have it, it's fairly straight forward...I have no clue about co-dominance/incomplete dominance though
1603029957266.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)