Peer Pressure affecting GF/BF?! (1 Viewer)

weeman22

HSC
N/A
DO u think that ur friend's potential opinion based purely on looks will affect who u choose to ask out? For example, i met this chic out 1 nite, and shes average looking, but we get on well. I'm a bit sceptical about asking her out cuz i know my friends would bag out her lack of prettyness, talk amongst themselves etc. Im not saying they're bad friends, ive done the same in the past when 1 of them has had a less-than-attractive gf. However, despite me being happy with the potential r/ship, i'd be hard to continue it knowing what my friends thought of her looks (not necessarily personality).

Any1 else been in this situation? wat'd u do about it? any other suggestions much appreciated...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Who cares, if they're going to give you shit, then just ditch them.

olchik

HSC
If you like this girl and if you think that you'll get along well, what's the problem? You should NOT care what your friends think of her. If they are real friends they will never discuss her appearance. It's your life and the only person you should listen to in this situation-yourself!

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
weeman22 said:
Any1 else been in this situation? wat'd u do about it? any other suggestions much appreciated...
Tell everyone she's a burns victim but warn them not to talk about it when she's around.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
bscienceboi said:
Some men like apples, others like bannanas.
Some men like having blunt metal rods inserted down the eye of their penis and small voltages applied to it. What's your point dickhead?

dodgyfilokid

HSC
For me, its kinda different. Im in year 12 and im just startin to become close to someone. I do like her but the problem is I constantly feel the heat from peers, most of it are kinda constructive, but the ones my 'enemies' say that I won't be able to get a decent gf..well thats whats kinda botherin me..like i dun care wot dey say at all coz one day ill prove em wrong but sumtimes it kinda makes me think wot r d possibilities for me if i do go out wit dis chic dat i like.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
personally i dont care what my friends think of my boyfriend. BUT i have a few close friends whos oppinion i trust, because I know they're looking out for me. its important for me that these friends like my partner.

but what everyone else says? i dont give a care. im too headstong to.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i wouldnt care about my friends opinions on this issue. i know people say friends are first, but that is not always true, and, for me, my bf always comes first. it's different because i didnt just meet my bf at some random place then started dating him 2 weeks later, we were friends before anything even happened, but, if you don't really know the person you are dating, that is a different situation, because you can't really be sure wether you can trust them or not, but the heart comes before what your friends think, on this issue, about looks, it's pretty sad if they don't appreciate her for her, or you, if you like her i think you should do something about it.

santaslayer

HSC
azzie said:
personally i dont care what my friends think of my boyfriend. BUT i have a few close friends whos oppinion i trust, because I know they're looking out for me. its important for me that these friends like my partner.

but what everyone else says? i dont give a care. im too headstong to.
Yeah, I do consider close friends opinions.

Looks are always going to be the topic of discussion between mates. It happens to all males. Once the topic is exhausted though, most do have the common sense to look at other qualities the girl may possess.

davin

HSC
N/A
first, real friends will only say something if you're putting yourself in a bad situation (i mean, like, psychologically detrimental relationships and stuff)...otherwise they shouldn't be saying stuff if they are your friends
second, with "but the ones my 'enemies' say that I won't be able to get a decent gf" then you decide whats decent and whats not. appearance alone does not a decent gf make.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if you liked her enough you wouldn't care what they think, save her the trouble and humiliation and don't ask her out until you like her enough that you are proud of her rather than ashamed or worried about what your friends will think.

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
dude, if they are giving you shit over something like that, then they're not very good friends, you should either ditch them, or next time you hear them bagging you or her out, you should bust their chops, that should put them into line.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'd trust a couple of my closer friends' opinion on her personality, to a point. For example if they saw a really bitchy side of her that she was hiding when around me, I'd reconsider the relationship, but who cares if they don't like what she looks like?

Cobra

Ouch, oww, Ouch! owww....
HSC
brogan77 said:
Take them ALL out, guerilla warfare style, bleed them, leave them here, real quiet like!
rofl, maybe not to that extent, but if you feel you like the girl, then go for it.
GO SON!!!! lolz :bomb:

Venus

HSC
N/A
weeman22 said:
DO u think that ur friend's potential opinion based purely on looks will affect who u choose to ask out? For example, i met this chic out 1 nite, and shes average looking, but we get on well. I'm a bit sceptical about asking her out cuz i know my friends would bag out her lack of prettyness, talk amongst themselves etc. Im not saying they're bad friends, ive done the same in the past when 1 of them has had a less-than-attractive gf. However, despite me being happy with the potential r/ship, i'd be hard to continue it knowing what my friends thought of her looks (not necessarily personality).

Here we have a conflict between social status and sexual drives. You know you want to date her, so you just need to work out how to handle your friends. Ditching your friends is the easy way out. You're stuck with your friends for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, possibly more, so this is a bad idea, since you will not see this girl nearly as much.
The reason this fear roots (of your friends bagging you out), is because you believe it will deterioate your social status. But what you have to realise, is that you don't have to worry about what they are saying, as spiteful comments come from jealousy.

Date her, and if your friends say anything, brush them off, don't let it affect you. Point out that they don't have girlfriends.

On the other hand, if you are so superficial that you only date good looking women (to yours friends standards) you will get nowhere. Because women arn't attracted by men who arn't confident enough to date women THEY like, not who their FRIENDS like.

I hope this has helped you, and if you need any more advice, feel free to PM me.

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
hahah feel free to pm you! hahahaha!

nah i know what you mean, alot of my friends are pretty harsh about girls, mostly they call them sluts and shit, and there all really superficial, i was in your position once and i went with my mates instead of her and i regret it, really it depends on how much you like her and how much your friends dont

felixcthecat

HSC
just go by what you feel~ friends realli shouldn't get in the way of your own feelings.. (actually they should help you to overcome your problems, not create more of them) orelse they won't be friends...

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
if you liked her enough you wouldn't care what they think, save her the trouble and humiliation and don't ask her out until you like her enough that you are proud of her rather than ashamed or worried about what your friends will think.
Exactly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)