Pentagon versus Hexagon. (1 Viewer)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I demand to see Mathematical evidence for this.
Well a pentagon is pink right, so naturally it is the colour of love, and hence it's a cool shape.

But a hexagon is red, and we all know that symbolises blood/anger/whatever. So he's obviously starting shit wherever he goes.

Mathematical speaking the closest number to a pentagon in colour is 5, whilst the closest number to a hexagon in colour is 4.

5>4, therefore, pentagon>hexagon.

SunnyScience

HSC
I don't like the progression of:
quadrilateral, pentagon, HEXagon, HEPtagon...

There's something about those two H's I don't like.

Therefore, Pentagons are better, clearly.

lolcakes52

HSC
Anyone who has read flatland would agree that hexagons are the far superior shape.

lolcakes52

HSC
Basically more sides is equivalent to greater social status and intelligence. Circles are great!

Amstudy

HSC
Pentagon > Hexagon as Pentagon has a nice ring to it even though Hexagon rolls off the tongue nicely. It reminds me of 'Penthouse' but obviously isn't as nice of a word. Anyway...

Hexaflexagon > Pentagon > Hexagon

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Pentagons are disgusting. Not even a shape. Absolutely horrifying. Hexagons are quite nice, not as intimidating as octagons. Pentagons just seem fake, as if they're trying to join in with the rest of the polygon crowd but stick out like a sore thumb.

nonconformist_

HSC
Hexagon > Pentagon. Simply because a pentagon can't tessellate but a hexagon can.
In terms of tessellation, each angle of a hexagon is 120 degrees and 3 times 120 is 360. So, three hexagons surround a point where there is no space left over.
PENTAGONS CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE THE ANGLES ARE SMALLER AND 3 PENTAGONS ONLY ADD UP TO 324 DEGREES.

I'm so cool. And I just won this battle.
Farewell.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hexagon > Pentagon. Simply because a pentagon can't tessellate but a hexagon can.
In terms of tessellation, each angle of a hexagon is 120 degrees and 3 times 120 is 360. So, three hexagons surround a point where there is no space left over.
PENTAGONS CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE THE ANGLES ARE SMALLER AND 3 PENTAGONS ONLY ADD UP TO 324 DEGREES.

I'm so cool. And I just won this battle.
Farewell.
probably the best post in a lame thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)