• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

People and Planet Units (1 Viewer)

celix

HSC
Hey guys
So i've decided to pick my people and planet units, but little stuck.
So it states:

"To satisfy the requirements a Program of Study must include:
(i) one unit taken from the Schedule of People Units and one unit taken from the Schedule of Planet Units, and
(ii) those units must be taken in two different Faculties."

Does this mean that if i'm studying B Com w/ B Sci I can't pick any planet units from the science faculty? ISYS100 looks really easy so looking into picking that

LisaMeow

HSC
I'm planning on doing ISYS100 too actually. :wavey:

As long as the unit is not a part of the required units of your degree, it can be from your faculty. So, if ISYS100 is not a required unit for your degree/major, you can choose it as a planet unit but your people unit then obviously has to be from a different faculty. :)

"Students are allowed to take one of these units from the Faculty in which they are completing their degree."

celix

HSC
I'm planning on doing ISYS100 too actually. :wavey:

As long as the unit is not a part of the required units of your degree, it can be from your faculty. So, if ISYS100 is not a required unit for your degree/major, you can choose it as a planet unit but your people unit then obviously has to be from a different faculty. :)

"Students are allowed to take one of these units from the Faculty in which they are completing their degree."
Thanks for your help! It is a unit I can actually pick for my degree, but i have a few other choices so it is not mandatory. :)

LisaMeow

HSC
Thanks for your help! It is a unit I can actually pick for my degree, but i have a few other choices so it is not mandatory. :)
Be careful with that. So basically, if the unit is on the list for your degree or major, for example (I hope this works):

Required 6cp from:
POL101 Australian Politics in Global Context (3)
POL107 Thinking Politically (3)
POL108 Introduction to Global Politics (3)

In which POL107 is the poeple unit, Then even if one were to use the other two to satisfy the degree/major requirements, they still cannot have POL107 count as the people unit since it is a part of the degree/major.
I made this mistake and now will only have the planet unit out of the way first year, rather than both which I'd planned...

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)