people are more interested in spirituality now than at any point in history (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
inasero said:
I think that society in general is becoming more and more interested in spirituality in recent times. More books, films and music are dealing with questions outside of our own selves. What it means is another matter for discussion, but it's interesting thought anyway.

Just today on the way work I was listening to a sermon, and I saw another person reading a religious tract, a guy was reading the Bible and a lady was reading a book by Joyce Meyer. A few years ago I would have been surprised if I saw someone on the bus reading a Bible (or any other religious material for that matter). It's as if religion and spirituality are rising to prominence in the collective consciousness.

So, what do you guys think? This thread isn't about the relative merits of different religions or about the existence of God (we've got separate threads for that), so I'd appreciate if you could keep the comments on track
I think you are one dumb motherfucker.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
inasero said:
What is it about people reading the Bible that you dislike?
1. i dislike religion in public.
2. you look like a stooge who cant control his/her life and needs guidance. there is nothing wrong with reading the bible, but there is a time and place, just not in a train.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
bigboyjames said:
1. i dislike religion in public.
2. you look like a stooge who cant control his/her life and needs guidance. there is nothing wrong with reading the bible, but there is a time and place, just not in a train.
What better time to read than on a train? I don't think we can separate the spiritual, vocational and personal aspects of our lives much as we may try to convince ourselves. I fully agree I can't control my life- which is why I need guidance. In order to get guidance I go straight to the source- the inspired word of God!

Socrates said:
The unexamined life is not worth living

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)