People did neap chem 2005 trials. (1 Viewer)

efini4eva

I did one as well and i know somepeople got like high 80% to 90%!!

is that scaled marks??

everyone who did neap 2005 what did u guys get??

i got 67.5% ( raw ) equal 3rd.

scaled to 72~4% wel... i'm just curious to know what everyone got.

so we know our general level through out the state.

* raw marks!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
wow u guys get scaled...

our teacher just gives us our raw marks and leaves it at that, and its the same thing for every otrher subject, i'm pritty sure our school doesn't even play around with our assessment mark (they leave it to the boardofstudies)

we did the neap as a practice paper before the actual trial, it wasn't very hard nor was it very easy, but i found it to be harder than the catholic paper, i think i would have got something close to what u did, my class mates would most likely agree with what im saying (in regards to the diffiulty of the exam), although i found the multiple choice quite easy, i think i scored 13/15 whilst in the catholic paper i only scored 9/15..

oh and by the way u posted this thread twice, just delete the other one.

rama_v

HSC
efini4eva said:
I did one as well and i know somepeople got like high 80% to 90%!!

is that scaled marks??

everyone who did neap 2005 what did u guys get??

i got 67.5% ( raw ) equal 3rd.

scaled to 72~4% wel... i'm just curious to know what everyone got.

so we know our general level through out the state.

* raw marks!
I did neap and got a raw mark of 95.5 , although the very last part of shipwrecks topic we hadnt done so our teacher changed the last question. However in the core I got full marks though :D

I find it quite difficult to understand why any teacher would want to 'scale' marks. The assessment marks are moderated anyway according to how well the class does in the HSC exam, and if scaling is applied in school its not going to change the ranks anyway, so it seems kind of pointless..

efini4eva

rama_v said:
I did neap and got a raw mark of 95.5 , although the very last part of shipwrecks topic we hadnt done so our teacher changed the last question. However in the core I got full marks though :D

I find it quite difficult to understand why any teacher would want to 'scale' marks. The assessment marks are moderated anyway according to how well the class does in the HSC exam, and if scaling is applied in school its not going to change the ranks anyway, so it seems kind of pointless..
omg! full mark! that's mad. no body in our school got full mark in core!

i bet that u will fall in high band 6.

What was your schools mean? or median? our school was like 50+ some 60+ first and second got close ot around 90%

I think teachers scale our marks to look good. even though scale is pointless ( does not change our ranks! ) it just looks good to other schools and so on...so just to make sure the school looks good.

rama_v

HSC
efini4eva said:
omg! full mark! that's mad. no body in our school got full mark in core!

i bet that u will fall in high band 6.

What was your schools mean? or median? our school was like 50+ some 60+ first and second got close ot around 90%

I think teachers scale our marks to look good. even though scale is pointless ( does not change our ranks! ) it just looks good to other schools and so on...so just to make sure the school looks good.
ahh ok.. We have a very small class, I think our average was around 70s..the next highest marks were 90 and then 88..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)