People doing Software Design! (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I know there are subject sections but they seem to be kind of dead so im asking here. Just wondering at your schools what kind of marks are needed to be rank 1 - particularly at selective schools. Im rank 1 by a bit at my school (neither selective or private) but im not sure where that puts me in the state. A state ranking would be awesome but the amount of people getting band 6s in sdd is so low and i dont know the aligning data - i sometimes wonder if even low-mid 90s is possible for me.

In trials with extremely minimal preparation i got 83%, but lost a lot of marks (3-4) on copyright lol and a few for making stupid assumptions in multiple choice. Our paper was a mixture of various trial papers my teacher put together (i think he writes hsc industrial technology paper sometimes and is a hsc marker for industrial technology as well) and apparently he makes them hard. Software design doesn't run often at our school but in 2004 a student got second in the state. On average i get high 80%-90% in software exams but there was one exam in year 11 where i missed out on 100% because i indented my pseudocode weirdly.

Also does anyone know if Baulko, Ruse etc. have classes for sdd this year? I know Ruse typically win in ProgComp but since software design has a kind of crappy out of date syllabus and doesnt scale very well are those students even doing software design?

TheChairman

HSC
Im ranked second in my class of 8 people with a mark of 92. On 2 days study before the Trial I managed to get 81% on the CSSA trial paper. With the way my HSC is timetabled though I get very little time to try and revise it, so I have no idea how I will go in the test. Also when I say I am 2nd, the guy in 1st has a mark of 94, and 3rd is on 68, so there is a hilarious spread of marks there.

M

MichelleV

Only 2 people remain in the SDD class at my school :p
For most of the year there was 3 :D

I have no idea what any of their marks are like, but last year a guy from my school came =2nd in the state.

I'm so unhelpful with this :D

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Im ranked second in my class of 8 people with a mark of 92. On 2 days study before the Trial I managed to get 81% on the CSSA trial paper. With the way my HSC is timetabled though I get very little time to try and revise it, so I have no idea how I will go in the test. Also when I say I am 2nd, the guy in 1st has a mark of 94, and 3rd is on 68, so there is a hilarious spread of marks there.
Its similiar at my school, girl coming second isnt too far behind me but after that there is a gap. Exams were weighted really low though (and rank 2 is 10%+ behind in exams but matches my assignment and practical marks), i cant remember my overall mark but my trial mark was the lowest mark i got and its weighting was 15% i think so my mark should be into the 90s somewhere.

It would help if i knew school rankings as well? Mine is around 230s.

TheChairman

HSC
I'm at Menai High, we are ranked about 195 I think. Yeah I got 100% on my Major and Minor projects, weighted 20 and 30% respectively. I got 90% for the half yearly, which was 20% and a 30% weighting for the trial.

I would bet my friend coming 1st would either make state ranking or come damn close, he got above 90 in the CSSA trial. Hopefully I can come somewhere pretty high too, it looks like this years pool is really small

M

MichelleV

My school probably had a ranking, but I don't know it. :p
Haha, in last years 'complete list', our shool wasn't there d:

Premium Member
HSC
I'm in an online class, kid coming first has a mark in the mid 90's

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I'm at Menai High, we are ranked about 195 I think. Yeah I got 100% on my Major and Minor projects, weighted 20 and 30% respectively. I got 90% for the half yearly, which was 20% and a 30% weighting for the trial.

I would bet my friend coming 1st would either make state ranking or come damn close, he got above 90 in the CSSA trial. Hopefully I can come somewhere pretty high too, it looks like this years pool is really small
Haha i think our majors had to be perfect for 100%. We had to find an actual client (mostly teachers) and make something for them. I made a program which allowed maths teachers to mark homework, had multible files on topics and folders for classes and a gui with colour and grids lol. Had around 80 pages of documentation, software worked perfectly and i desk checked like every algorithm lmao. Lost 1 mark because i didnt label some flows in the data flow diagram -.- 24/25.

We had a group project and an assignment too (a lot of which was stuff not exactly in the syllabus and hard to find info on - had to talk about how fingerprint scanners work including processing and packets etc.). I got 90% in each of them.

Clarky13

HSC
I'm coming second at 85% and my friend is coming first at 93% or something. I think the person coming up third is around the 60%-70% range. The rest don't even care for the subject with the bottom guy at about 25%.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I'm coming 1st and I think I got 90 something internal mark (can't remember exactly). Is everyone ready for the test?

_pizza

HSC
N/A
I'm ranked first at my school with an internal mark of 90, got 100% in half yearly this year but only 85% in trial. I'm hoping like hell that all this studying-like-a-bitch is gonna pay off...

i sometimes wonder if even low-mid 90s is possible for me.
Yeah I'm in a similar situation. I'm thinking the new exam structure will be beneficial for me though, I think I prefer lots of smaller questions to fewer huge questions, there's less chance BOS will write some dodgy over-complex piece of shit..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)