People/Planet Units (1 Viewer)

*rUsTy*

HSC
I'm in the middle of picking a 4th unit for the 1st and 2nd semesters. I'm receiving credit for previous study so I think I can get away without doing some electives so I thought instead of just leaving it at 3 units that it might be a good time to get at least one of the People/Planet units out of the way.

Is this a good idea or are those units something that are usually done later on?

chippendale

HSC
N/A
I'm doing my People and Planet units in my 1st year too because i just want to get them out of the way cause only a few actually appeal to me and the courses that do appeal to me clash with my other classes. (im also getting credit)

Last edited:

tinfoilhat

HSC
might as well get them out of the way, it's not going to make a difference doing them later on

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
When do you have to graduate by to be exempt from people/planets? I thought it was 2012 but i heard the other day it was changed to 2014?

tinfoilhat

HSC
yeah they did, i transferred to new curric and on estudent it says 2014 and on the new curric faq page it's also been changed

antisheep

HSC
yeah they did, i transferred to new curric and on estudent it says 2014 and on the new curric faq page it's also been changed
So to clarify does that mean that anyone who will finish their degree prior to 2014 doesn't have to do them? Including people only starting their arts degrees this year? Because obviously most people starting an arts degree now will finish before then... I'm trying to help a friend out but these people planet units are confusing as anything and the arts faculty were useless -_-...

tinfoilhat

HSC
So to clarify does that mean that anyone who will finish their degree prior to 2014 doesn't have to do them? Including people only starting their arts degrees this year? Because obviously most people starting an arts degree now will finish before then... I'm trying to help a friend out but these people planet units are confusing as anything and the arts faculty were useless -_-...
no the 2014 rule only applies to continuing students
all new students (who start from 2010 and after) have to complete them regardless of when they will finish their degree

it's great how everything on the site contradicts something else or doesn't even answer the question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)