People Planet Units (1 Viewer)

Kittenslayer

HSC
Which ones would u call easy, i dont wanna go hard on some pointless unit
right now im reg'd for ech126 for semster 1; hoping theres gona be alota girls in the class
and lex102 for smester 2 which looks hard

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Easiest planet unit - ISYS100. Content is fun, no final exam and the convener is a great bloke.

rayy_bann

HSC
Hey! I'm not quite sure about other units that may be found 'generally easy' as I haven't done any yet.
Just remember that some people may find a course easy, whilst others may find it difficult. You may want to do some further research on this, or look through this link: http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/2011/Units/PeopleAndPlanet

I hope I helped! :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
imo easy = any 100 lvl course with interesting content, low contact hours, light assessment and reading load, pre-circulated or no exam and easy markers

Fake-Name

HSC
Hey, I'm studying 'Introduction to World History', however I never picked it as my people/planet unit. Would it still be counted? Is there anyway to change it to my people/planet unit now?

Thanks.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I'm studying 'Introduction to World History', however I never picked it as my people/planet unit. Would it still be counted? Is there anyway to change it to my people/planet unit now?

Thanks.
Is it a required unit for your degree though? If it is then it won't count for People/Planet, however if it's not then you can definitely do it. If you want to change it, go to ask.mq.edu and lodge an enquiry so the enrollment team can set it as your desired People/Planet unit in your course structure. Hope this helps.

Fake-Name

HSC
Is it a required unit for your degree though? If it is then it won't count for People/Planet, however if it's not then you can definitely do it. If you want to change it, go to ask.mq.edu and lodge an enquiry so the enrollment team can set it as your desired People/Planet unit in your course structure. Hope this helps.
I'm required to do people and planet units, but the unit itself is not required in my B.Ancient history.. I'll email Mq now. Thanks.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You don't have to nominate your people/planet unit to anyone afaik, it is taken into account at the end of the degree.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
You don't have to nominate your people/planet unit to anyone afaik, it is taken into account at the end of the degree.
You have to nominate it when you enroll on estudent under the new enrolling process thingo, which you know my feelings on...

Fake-Name

HSC
Yea, I saw it when I was enrolling it. I was pissed when I saw it because I had totally forgotten to consider people/planet units, and I have a limited amount of electives as it is.

I've started an enquiry so hopefully it gets sorted out.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl that's such a stupid process, how are you going to know which subject to choose/when you're going to do it, or are they forcing you to do it in first year :\ Another "welcome to macquarie" moment *facepalm*

Fake-Name

HSC
Youre able to do it anytime during your degree. However they suggested at enrolment to do them during your first year to get them over with. Wish I knew one of my electives was a planet unit.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It'll get sorted, you just have to be really direct with the e-student staff; just say 'This is what i want done, i don't need academic advice first (in your case), just do it for me'.

Fake-Name

HSC
haha thanks. Yea, I kept it pretty simple, I just asked to have the unit changed to my planet unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)