People putting down food tech (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
were going to maccas, and a big excursion to sydney to maybe do Sydney Fish Markets.

No not too much difference between the two, it has a lot of extra stuff with it though and some of the stuff has been changed to comply with the laws and the inclusion of some tables and visual representations. In you notes did you refer to ANZFA or FSANZ? cause if you did it all too ANZFA it no longer exists it's no Food Standards of Australia and New Zealand, but everythin else about is the same.

Houseah0lic: what you talking about?

EDIT: wait is it cause of that really bad spelling mistake, it should say: i like 3rd cause IT is colorful.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
no i don't have any other resources apart from the textbook, i borrowed out the excel from school but i don't like it its too simple, i just use good all goverment websites for alot of this unit though like the department of agriculture and such, good info on there about the AFI.

Kaatie

HSC
we might be going to the fish markets too. Yeah the excel one is very simple. oh and yes i knew it was FSANZ our teacher tells us like everyday

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
yeah a girl in class did all her notes with anzfa i was like WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love food tech its so good..

Whoo we might go to the fish markets on teh same day,c ause our teacher was telling us they do a school day where they let schools come to have a look, but were also combinging it with our geo class, so it's being called the overnight eat-a-thon excursion, cause were going to have food allday and walking around sydney for 2 days.

lols repetition from one teacher is like"remember the aspects and relate them everything", and then the other is like "remember the agri-food chain" and both "remember all the policy and legislation" lols they must prepare us.

Katieeee

HSC
marcquelle said:
sure will equal first all the way

what was the was the highest mark this year?
I got 96 and that wasn't a state rank or anything so maybe 98-99?

Kaatie said:
oh and katieeee what textbooks did you use beside food tech in action
I only used Food Tech in Action. I did Food Tech via correspondance so taught myself a lot of the content from the info I was sent out.

If anyone wants notes on particular stuff then PM me :)

Katieeee

HSC
Got the full HSC results in the mail today - it appears the top (aligned) HSC mark was 98. That is going off the subject report things that we are sent.

Katieeee

HSC
Thanks Marquelle :)

I have put the Food Tech subject report thingy below so you can see how the marks fit in. Considering the averages and everything, if you can crack the Band 6 I wouldn't think your UAI would be affected but then I don't 100% understand how it all works but oh well.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
thanks for that, yeah apparently according to my principal and a person i know that works as a counsaltant for UAC scaling gets disreagraded for any band 6s.

well done you cracked the 15% percentile, i pretty sure going by that 3,445 people did food tech wow, thats pretty small.

BOSSSSS

HSC
Yeh. I go to a selective school and my friends are like "Do you know how low Food Tech scales..."

Cman64

HSC
Alot of my friends are just un educated in what Food Tech is, Its like science for the prelim but then changes to the Business side in the HSC course i think i enjoyed the Science Side better.

macca1819

HSC
I did Food Tech and am proud of it. :haha:

It is easy and that's the major reason I chose it. If you go well though, you won't get scaled down too badly. I think scaling is so overrated. It only matters if you go poorly in a subject. If you go well, they can's scale you down much at all.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Here's a convo I caught between two friends.

A: Why don't you drop food tech next year?
B: It's my favourite subject and I'm coming first
A: You're only coming first because all the dumb people do it
B: It's my favourite subject
A: It scales down so badly. If you don't want to end up in TAFE, then you should just drop it.
B: .............. okay, I'll think about it.

How ironic. Dropping a subject you're good at.
Never ever drop a subjet even if it scales badly, esp if you are good at it + enjoy it. it's your life, your hsc, your future. You decide your life.

kara42

HSC
here's a convo i caught between two friends.

A: Why don't you drop food tech next year?
B: It's my favourite subject and i'm coming first
a: You're only coming first because all the dumb people do it
b: It's my favourite subject
a: It scales down so badly. If you don't want to end up in tafe, then you should just drop it.
B: .............. Okay, i'll think about it.

How ironic. Dropping a subject you're good at.
never ever drop a subjet even if it scales badly, esp if you are good at it + enjoy it. It's your life, your hsc, your future. You decide your life.
+1!

shinelover

HSC
i don't think scaling really matters if you do well in that subject =__="

definitely DON'T drop a subject you are good at and enjoy doing just because it supposedly "doesn't scale well"

the whole HSC system is whacked anyway....

just because you do subjects that are "academic" and scale well doesn't mean you will get a good mark! It's better to do something you are good at then something because it's known to "scale up"

it's all a bunch of BS anyways....[personal experience]

Food tech was my highest UAI mark not to mention my fav subject too! (and i did chemistry, biology etc....pretty sure if you don't do well in english, your UAI/ATAR will be down a bit....mainly coz it's the only real compulsory subject i guess....=__=") i'm sure what i got for UAI was mainly coz i managed to do well in food tech!

as my teacher says, if you get over 90 (or 85 in some subjects) doesn't matter about the "scaling" you won't be affected

oh and people put down food tech coz they reckon it's an easy subject....obviously know NOTHING ABOUT IT! some people reckon it's all about cooking...but really...it's theory based and some parts science based.....
it's not as easy as some people think (of course it's easy for some people....but there's always someone in any given subject that finds it easy)

Grim712

HSC
I for one am proud to be doing food tech, I don't much care for my UAI as i will be proud of myself with whatever i get since i know i have done the best of my ability. Food Tech is quite an important subject to do in todays society in my opinion, because so many people are losing touch with tradition, many people do not know how to cook even the basics. People are oblivious to what they are eating, and with the rise in obesity, this is important. for those who disrespect Food Tech, they should understand that it links to many other subjects including: Maths, Science, Business studies, Retail, History and many more. Food is an integral part for cultures, communities, Countries... those that do not understand the importance of understanding food... they are the dumb asses

well that is my rant... sorry its long, and possibly boring :p
also this is my first post on bored of studies, so please be kind to the new guy :p

cpwincess19

HSC
Wtf , I love food tech ... coming first is actually challenging in food tech when your class is SOOO COMPETITIVE and there's so much content !
Fuck what others think , if you like - do it :)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Don't worry about other people. Most HSC subjects are useless to people anyways, if they no longer require it for their chosen career path. I've even heard HSC physics is completely different to uni physics, so that would render Physics a 'useless' subject then for uni.

Do what your heart desires, Get the best ATAR you can possibly achieve with enjoyable subjects. This will motivate you in the toughest times of your HSC, and will end up with you more likely to do well.

DarkDrakayn

Premium Member
HSC
To the people saying that Food Tech is a useless crappy subject...get eff'd! seriously, i do food tech, I couldn't care less about the scaling or anything to do with the final scores. The whole point is that you pic something you, enjoy...like i'd be more inclined to start dissing Ancient History, i picked that...and to my career goal, it is 150% useless.

STUPID PEOPLE.

littlej123

HSC
To the people saying that Food Tech is a useless crappy subject...get eff'd! seriously, i do food tech, I couldn't care less about the scaling or anything to do with the final scores. The whole point is that you pic something you, enjoy...like i'd be more inclined to start dissing Ancient History, i picked that...and to my career goal, it is 150% useless.

STUPID PEOPLE.
what do you want to do when you finish school???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)