People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (1 Viewer)

vally

i got 92 in english extention but meh... i didnt really study.. we had to compose a dystopic short story and write an alternative ending to this novel.. boring shit (N)
and i got 90 in normal english... were doin brave new world and blade runner :S

no tips on strudying.. u gota be in one of those study moods to b able to concentrate.. and have a snack everynow and then so u dont get bored

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by speersy
I need to know what other people did or are doing so i can be ready for my UAI
Nothing can really prepare you for that number on UAI day.

cameron0110

HSC
I got 92 in Economics- I did it accelerated and i was lucky to get over 90 cause I aced the HSC but messed up a couple of school assessments. Anyway my method was writing notes a chapter at a time just ahead of where we were at in class- that way the classwork acts as revision. I'm using the same principle this year for some of my other subjects and so far it has worked really well.

Mojo_Jojo

judgement day - the best way to prepare in my opinion, is just to get your notes done and then just write answers and essays over and over. I went through 200 sheets of paper just writing essay responses in the three week stu-vac. That way you get to know your material of by heart and then in the exam its just a matter of forming your material to the question and going nuts.

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Hey with that recording the notes on tape i don't advise because if your anything like me you will go crazy, ever listened to a song over and over again, id spend the rest of the year trying to get my own voice out of my head!

cameron0110

HSC
I think that's the entire point of it. It may irritate and annoy you for the rest of your life as you keep hearing voices in your head (learning Psychiatry might be good with the good mark you will get) but at least you'll know the stuff. Then again I can't be bothered recording myself so I'm being a bit hypocritical here but I imagine it would be effective.

biologyjenny

Anyone here is good at biology or chemistry? Plz contact me, I need some help! Thx a lot. plz check my profile for detail.

argo0986

TrAsHy GuY
HSC
Hi all

I feel guilty that my holidays are ova and i havent done an ounce of study for my HSC. Luckily, I have completed my trials and have time to study for the HSC....

I was wondering if anyone can estimate my UAI from my subjects and what study methods i could use for these specific subjects

English Adv- 78
Business Studies- 84
Geography- 85
Ancient History- 88
Studies of Religion 1- 94
Mathematics- 83

SipSip

HSC
N/A
When you're studying and making notes, don't just replicate the words...understand the concept and then "bulls#$%" your way through while making the notes...that way, when you're in the test, you'll remember the way you wrote the notes and the words should just flow easily...

Just make sure the BullS%%t is correct information though...

Sydney in Australia. currently camp in bankstown
HSC
N/A
>>>>UAI 96 speaking!!<<<<<

ok..the way i study is easy and effective....first you read. then you sleep for 2 hours...then you try to recall everything.if you dont recall everything give yourself a wack on the head.that always get your memory back. try it.really works!! :)

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
hahaah, jackanator's method is a bit rough.
I just start studying at 4.. go solidly till 6 whilst listening to music.
Then ill study from 6:30-8:30 with music in the background.
Currently, im not going as well as i'd like.. so im thinking about excluding the music...

Ive realised that another 58 days or so of hard work will pay off if i do it properly..
its only 2 months of hard work then exams.. after that ive got months off to do nothing :D

Beanie

HSC
Dont get behind on your notes!

I got a UAI of 95 in 2003, so my method worked well for me. Every day when I got home I typed up the notes from my classes and the stuff we went over the textbook. By doing this, I got about 40 typed pages per topic. I then went over them constantly, so by the HSC when I was writing my essay, I could picture every single point in my head.
It doesnt matter what technique you use, as long as it enables you to remember when you have learned. Also BE ORGANISED! the main reason i did well was because i was organised. Im not organised at Uni now and im falling behind becasue of it :uhhuh:

Kulazzi

HSC
Under-stated said:
If you have strict parents then you ought to tell them that studying all day aint going to help if you cant remember it or understand it by then end of it
Yeah but sometimes they don't get the message :rolleyes: :(

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
cameron0110 said:
I think that's the entire point of it. It may irritate and annoy you for the rest of your life as you keep hearing voices in your head (learning Psychiatry might be good with the good mark you will get) but at least you'll know the stuff. Then again I can't be bothered recording myself so I'm being a bit hypocritical here but I imagine it would be effective.
IMO it only becomes really irritating if you dont have enough breaks , i have like definitive break times on sat and fri (usually evenings) where i drop all work no matter what and play video games :D ...

LadyMoon

HSC
Anyhow when you come to Uni you will realise that HSC is a walk in the park, you could buldge all year and pass with flying colours. Uni on the other hand, is a speeding train, you miss one week... well ...you better be able to run fast :p . It requires constant study :'(

ecka

What i found worked really well was studying with someone who gets about the same marks as you. By explaining how something works to someone, you explain it to yourself and makes it much clearer.
And like everyone else said, follow the syllabus. Go through the points one at a time and answer them and you'll know it all!
GOOD LUCK!

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
btw did u guys start constnatly going through and doing past papers (timed) towards the hSC? thing is im still learning new work (since some courses are not qutie finished , but nearly ) and also i sometimes revise my older work just to keep it fresh...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)