people who got UAI 50 or lower (1 Viewer)

laziperson118

anyone got 50 or lower? wot u gonna do?

Tafe? SIBT? or.....?

i dun wanna go Tafe...and i wanna study design.
Does anyone know any good college of design(money isn't the problem)?

plz help and gif me advice*

HSC
Martin College has really good graphic design diploma's my friends did it... its REALLY practical and you get all these accessories, like pens and shit given to you which is included in the price of the course.

Goto www.martincollege.com and check it out

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Go to your school and ask for a repeat or you can repeat in another high school. This option gives you the best chance to do the course you really want.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Isnt there a way to increase ur UAI (i got 51.45 cos the UAC counted only 9 subjects) if you do a TAFE course? Cos i heard that somewhere..i want to do B Arts for acting or do a course that involves scriptwriting...but for now im going to do my hospitality certificate III (lasts a year)...can that be added to the UAI i already have, for next year's UAC?

gorgo31

HSC
That UAI could get you B Arts at La Trobe University, and if by any chance you applied through VTAC, would get you into a B Arts at Deakin too. Not sure about the Hospitality certificate.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
gorgo31 said:
That UAI could get you B Arts at La Trobe University, and if by any chance you applied through VTAC, would get you into a B Arts at Deakin too. Not sure about the Hospitality certificate.
I've already applied for La Trobe......wots this thing about DEakin? wheres that? anyway, ive applied through HSC, uac....
Thanks anyway! :)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
u guys, if u really wanna go to uni, and have a uai of between 50-60 u can still make it to la trobe, catholic unis somewhere (i think) and uni's at other states maybe, even uws, another option is colleges that r associated with uni's, u still might get an offer tonight, if you guys have uni courses listed in ur applications, that are within the 50-60 range, remember uni's want money from kiddies like us, so they might accept people, if they don't have enough people in a course, where your marks are a few marks off. and, if it's not ur desired course, there is always the transfer option there.

gorgo31

HSC
Tuna said:
Consider the cost of moving interstate.
True that.

Deakin University Warrnambool Campus is in Victoria, offers B Arts for around 48-49, but you would've needed to have applied through Victoria's UAC equivalent VTAC to have gained admission.

Good luck with it all :)

leeam

HSC
stalk_if_u_dare said:
I've already applied for La Trobe......wots this thing about DEakin? wheres that? anyway, ive applied through HSC, uac....
Thanks anyway! :)
u would onlt\y get in at warrnambool deakin-geelong went to 60 and melbournes not much higher

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Anyway, it doesnt matter anymore!!!!

I GOT INTO LA TROBE!!!!!!
But i'm going to defer..which is a shame, but i dont have ANY money. So i better work!

Thansk for all advice!

Now i just need to find a way to transfer to Canberra Uni! lol

gorgo31

HSC
stalk_if_u_dare said:
Anyway, it doesnt matter anymore!!!!

I GOT INTO LA TROBE!!!!!!
But i'm going to defer..which is a shame, but i dont have ANY money. So i better work!

Thansk for all advice!

Now i just need to find a way to transfer to Canberra Uni! lol
Congrats :)

Deferring is a good option if you wanna raise some cash. Also, I suggest if you're gonna work for a year, that you seriously look at applying for Youth Allowance. You have to earn about $17,121 in 18 months, but once you do that, you're guaranteed a Government funded allowance throughout Uni.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
there is some hope for you.. sit stat.. 'work' for a year.. and maybe study.. i just got accepted into a 85uai course and i havent finished my hsc..

on my application i didnt get any scores that put me over 70%, but i got into a coure of 85uai..
i worked 1 year at american express.. though i didnt have to prove it..(NUDGE NUDGE)
i sat a test called STAT and didnt do very well..
and got accepted into arts..
then i did a year of arts and then tried to get into b business and commerce, even though i got like 5passes 2 credits and 1 absentfail so gpa was 3.75 over year..

and i got in.. there is hope, just be persistant! remember i never finished school and got in! with only stat when i applied for arts, so u can also get in without wasting a whole year! just apply at june/july (mid year) GOOD LUCK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)