people who have done ECON2101 (1 Viewer)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
On the textlist it says that the intermediate micro workouts is prescribed but the textbook is only recommended. This seems strange to me? :S
They also have the value pack.

Question: is the textbook helpful or should i just get the workbook?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
On the textlist it says that the intermediate micro workouts is prescribed but the textbook is only recommended. This seems strange to me? :S
They also have the value pack.

Question: is the textbook helpful or should i just get the workbook?
If the books haven't changed at all since I did Micro 2 (2008), the textbook you're talking about will be a little, American one.

If that's the case, the UNSW bookstore sells them together as a pack with the workouts.

The textbook is near useless but you'll be actually graded on doing the questions in the workbook.

For the record, Micro 2 is an intuitive course. If you get it, you'll be fine. If you don't, studying won't really make it any easier for you.

loler

HSC
i had a look at the course outline for econ2101 on blackboard and its says that the workbook is actually compulsory, cos there is a 20% assessemnt based on homework from workbook each week and tutorial attendence. im starting to regret choosing it for this semester, the graphs in wk 1 lecture notes are turning me off it. apparently you need to have good knowledge of QMA and micro 1, did shit in both

Last edited:

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
i had a look at the course outline for econ2101 on blackboard and its says that the workbook is actually compulsory, cos there is a 20% assessemnt based on homework from workbook each week and tutorial attendence. im starting to regret choosing it for this semester, the graphs in wk 1 lecture notes are turning me off it. apparently you need to have good knowledge of QMA and micro 1, did shit in both
Don't need any knowledge of QMA to do Micro 2.

As for Micro 1, remembering some stuff here and there helps.

I've said it in the past, I'll say it again.

It's all intuitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)