People who like Australian Idol should Die! (2 Viewers)

K

katie_tully

well done.
thats exactly what im saying.
being able to hold a tune is easy. thats all they can do. there's no range there at all.

refer to my previous statement about being tasteless.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Bah, they can't even hold the tune! Just listen to them - they won't even hit the right note, they'll go a half octave above AND below the note before they hit the right one.

"Vocal acrobatics" is another term for "can't sing the right note, so hit as many as possible and hope that right one is in there somewhere".

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Yes they can hold tune. Phanatical, I think you've only seen the first episodes. Casey and Anthony can sing. So can Guy. So can Shannon and all those crapheads. I don't like them, but they CAN hold a tune.

I tried to attach Casey singing but I don't know how to. It won't let me.

She sounds a bit like Norah Jones in this song....

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
She can sing an octave.

For those who don't know, its like singing a "C" note, then singing a higher "C" note directly after.

A Better example is think of the song "somewhere over the rainbow"

Think of the notes when they sing "SOME" and "WHERE"

You know, I thought there was only one clear cut definition of "singing in tune" as in, the right notes?

Her octaves are actually very good.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
natstar said:
Yeah i kno what an octave is...and yes she can sing them..very well.
but meh i dont care. If i listen to a singer sing, i dont critically analyse their notes and way of singing..i just listen and enjoy
which is the main point of performing!

In the HSC, it didn't matter if you made a mistake, they mark you on the performance itself - Music 1 OR 2.

I mean, the Beatles didn't even write most of their stuff. And they're considered as "classic".

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Guy sebastian cannot hold a tune. I've heard his vocal acrobatics, he's everywhere except the bloody note! The worst of them all though, from both series - is that paulini character.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Yes, I saw his article. I disagreed, since where people like Guy Sebastian will perform vocal acrobatics until he hits the right note, Paulini will do the vocal acrobatics thing for no good reason.

lengstar

HSC
Phanatical said:
Guy sebastian cannot hold a tune. I've heard his vocal acrobatics, he's everywhere except the bloody note! The worst of them all though, from both series - is that paulini character.
I disagree. I vote Shannol Noll as worst voice.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I mean, the Beatles didn't even write most of their stuff. And they're considered as "classic".
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

i can't believe no one has pointed this out yet. john lennon, paul mccartney and, to a lesser extent, george harrison, were/are some of the greatest songwriters in history. they performed covers early on, but really, what band doesn't start out with covers? the beatles wrote and produced many of the greatest songs ever recorded, and are not known for being talentless hacks who sing kareoke

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
natstar said:
Anthony and Casey can sing for sure. Just becasue they dont fit your classification of being able to hold a tune, doesent mean that goes for everyone. Not many people know what an octave is, let alone care about it
ummm...i dunno about you, but i was under the impression that the only definition of holding a tune was that you hit the right notes. but i guess idol contestants have some other definition considering how inconsistently they followed my definition

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Phanatical said:
Yes, I saw his article. I disagreed, since where people like Guy Sebastian will perform vocal acrobatics until he hits the right note, Paulini will do the vocal acrobatics thing for no good reason.
oh, shut up. vocal acrobatics don't make you a good singer. we get it. now, please, stop using that term over and over again, it's just annoying and repetitive

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Hmmmm... could've sworn....

Meh. What my parents have always told me....

who cares.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It needs to be reiterated again and again. That's why they like Idle in the first place - because they keep getting told again and again that they like it.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Hmmmm... could've sworn....

Meh. What my parents have always told me....

who cares.
well you're parents are wrong. rubber soul, revolver, sgt peppers, magical mystery tour, the white album, abbey road, let it be and yellow submarine are all 100% original albums. and albums recorded before then had maybe 3-4 covers on them at the most

edit in response to the 'who cares' edit: your whole point in bringing up the beatles was to prove that you don't need any musical or songwriting abilities in order to be a 'classic'. obviously this is complete bull. an idol winner has a shelf life of about 12 months it seems, judging from the fact that all the previous contesants have all but disappeared

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
AHAHAH this is not going to save me because I have been officially hanged by crazyhomo

But what the fuck? Did I say beatles? I meant Elvis.

*blushes and runs away*

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Phanatical said:
It needs to be reiterated again and again. That's why they like Idle in the first place - because they keep getting told again and again that they like it.
and just like idol, you are starting to get on my nerves

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
AHAHAH this is not going to save me because I have been officially hanged by crazyhomo

But what the fuck? Did I say beatles? I meant Elvis.

*blushes and runs away*
hahahaha

well that's an entirely different matter. and you're not going to hear me side with elvis, he shits me to tears :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
katie_tully said:
Hahahaha. Touche.
Australian Idol is bullshit. It's only popular because it's televised, and because 13 year olds like Andrew G and James Matheson.
It appeals to old people and retards.
To win tripple j, you do not have to appeal to the masses of fuckwits, there's thing thing called... talent... *sighs*, and people with some taste vote for them.

if you listen to australian idolists, or that music. you dont have taste.
you're a git.

GAAAAH.
haha oh god.
please spare us,
its just as bad as me saying "anyone who listens to triple j music is a git and a retard"
I reckon Missy Higgins has a shithouse voice, and somehow she was discovered on triple j unearthed

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's different for you than it is for a professional musician. For me, it's a reminder that the music industry is full of shit, and will reward mediocre and painful performances over true talent. This is, for better or worse, the industry that all musicians reside in, and it's stupid that Art musicians linger in obscurity while mediocre can't-sing "performers" get so much publicity that you can't avoid it whatever you do.

And it's not just the pop-versus-art thing either. I've watched quite a bit of the National Karaoke Challenge - this show is putting out acts of a far superior quality to anything on Australian Idol. Think anybody cares? Nope, because the media has told them that they're not important. If the media told everybody that the music of Andriessen was "fully sick", you'd find 15 year olds going out to find the latest Andriessen recordings. That's not what music should be about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)