• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

People who moved away from home for uni! (3 Viewers)

~Dreamer

HSC
mack said:
Lol, can you cook my dinner for me?
sure, but nothing comes for free these days :eek:

have you applied for accomodation at wagga?! cos you could go catered, where they feed you.. mass production food!

mack

Banned
HSC
~Dreamer said:
sure, but nothing comes for free these days :eek:
Hmm, what does that mean exactly?:p

And no, I can't cook 2 minute noodles in the microwave. I really do suck that much.

~Dreamer

HSC
Merethrond said:
You can't boil water in a cup in the microwave:eek:?
believe it, this is coming form a guy who cooked a pizza pocket using toilet paper!

hmm mack i'll be nice and cook for you half price ... ;)

mack

Banned
HSC
Hahaha I can't believe you remember that! That was like, 4 months ago!

Half price though, you are too kind.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
braindrainedAsh said:
LOL I can't argue with that!

Although when you move away from Alb you sort of look back on it with this romanticized view of the happy childhood you had frolicking in the countryside lol..... so I guess it is good for something. I'll be home next week.... I haven't set foot in Alb for 5 months, I wonder if anything has changed! (probably not!)
Not a thing. Which is depressing. Except not as much pollen and we had a hot october and so far a fairly cold november :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yes they moved the Albury one to next to Hungry Jacks. Exciting world.

monzi

HSC
I live away from home aswell for university.. when i first moved out of home to go to uni i was desperate to find a place temporarily so i found this lady who was taking boarders and what she didn't tell me was that she had two kids who were 10 and 5..the only reason (I found this out 3 weeks later) she took me in as a border was so i could babysit her children!!! I was shocked when she told me she expected babysitting i had to put it up with it for 1 whole semester and she was the biggest cow!! i couldn't believe she didn't disclose this information.

Then second semester i got on campus and im soooooo happy..even though people don't study i study so much and get so much work done!! its the best thing ive ever done..

But no living away from home has been an experience meeting new people living Independently, cooking and cleaning for yourself.. its also taught me to save money!!! i used to spend so much when i lived back in Sydney now i save everything i have and only buy bare essentials like food etc even when when i went back to Sydney i stopped spending so much money on stupid things like clothes which i have alot of! good experience if you ask me

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ok toasted sandwich makers :) great way to survive exam week when ure catering ureself lolz for snacks and meals (my neighbour borrowed mine .. that was his dinna during exam week)

1 bag of cheese.. low/no fat or other wise
1 some sort of meat.. or even leftovers
or sorts of veg (tomatos are gold.. )
couple of sauces
a bag of bread

this can last up to 5 days .. and cleaning and cost are minimal..
must hav for uni students.. i found mine for $15 :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Thanks guys I got the stuff I needed. On another note, do you people sometimes feel like you are stuck between two worlds? I'm going home tomorrow (um, actually today now it's after midnight) and part of me wants to go home, but part of me wants to stay here.... I feel quite torn.... plus when I am in Sydney I fall out of the loop in Albury and I have to regather my friends etc, same when I am away from Sydney.... it's a bit annoying and confusing sometimes.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
Thanks guys I got the stuff I needed. On another note, do you people sometimes feel like you are stuck between two worlds? I'm going home tomorrow (um, actually today now it's after midnight) and part of me wants to go home, but part of me wants to stay here.... I feel quite torn.... plus when I am in Sydney I fall out of the loop in Albury and I have to regather my friends etc, same when I am away from Sydney.... it's a bit annoying and confusing sometimes.
It's hard to imagine what that would feel like... i had my last exam on friday and one of my friends was off to pack up her room to drive home on saturday... which was really weird cause i was going home that night (i live at home 40 mins from uni)......... so i commend you people who have moved out of home!! im staying here for as long as possible for 2 reasons
a. i have trouble with the laundry
b. id miss my mummy :(

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
im coming to sydney for 2 months..
spent all last night with my uni friends just reminscing bout the last year .. cos most of them are goin back to melb

but i kno that in sydney i made sure i kept in contact with most ppl to stay in the 'loop' :D

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
On another note, do you people sometimes feel like you are stuck between two worlds? I'm going home tomorrow (um, actually today now it's after midnight) and part of me wants to go home, but part of me wants to stay here.... I feel quite torn.... plus when I am in Sydney I fall out of the loop in Albury and I have to regather my friends etc, same when I am away from Sydney.... it's a bit annoying and confusing sometimes.

yea, i'm going home on December 1, two days after my last exam. it's so strange, having lived here most of the year. And then when you get back home you find things are all different, other people have moved away, and you dont know where you belong. Completely understandable. :)

edit: i wanna go hooommmme! miss my kitty :( oh yeah, and my family..

~Dreamer

HSC
i miss home heaps! but ive met a great bunch of people, that you dont realise that its been almost 8 months since you moved out of home!
everytime i come back to sydney i feel like a tourist, going and seeing places as if like i ve never been before.... i liek it

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Argh I just got home tonight..... I hate 8 hour bus trips!!!! Grrr! It's weird... I haven't been home for five months.... it's good to be home, but I will miss my Sydney friends!!!! I also miss being my own boss.... except I love driving when I am home cos in Sydney I have no car....

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Oh yeah I noticed that today (pizza hut).

A few other things had changed that I noticed too:

-New shops (essential ingredient and kathmandu etc)
-Old lavvy maccas is now a car yard
-Hogs Breath Cafe is new
-Youth cafe is open
-Evans Shoes moved

Albury is just a happening place!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)