Perceptionism (1 Viewer)

-Hey-

HSC

that aint gonna stop you from walking straight
Well, is straightness absolute? I would argue that it is not, on the basis that all truth, is relative to the person deciding the truth. For example, Jenny is funny. But you say, Jenny is not funny. I am telling the truth, but to you, i am lying. Also, Germany is in Europe. Well, it is. But, then, if some truth can be seen as lies and other truth is more true than others, truth is not absolute. Degrees of truth perhaps. But to say that it wont stop be from walking straight is a huge statement. I could say that i am walking straight, with a bullet in my leg. And, you cant prove me otherwise, because i'm telling the truth. Well, truth as i see it may not be as you see it but it doesn't matter what you think, considering truth is relative. :kiss:

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
no not really

whats the point of thinking that youre telling the truth if everyone else thinks youre lying?

its like, if i cant see them, they cant see me kind of deal

but again, just to end this damn thread, there is no real use to thinking like this guy, the act of thinking that something is something else whilst everyone else perceives it to be the other way round is of no use to anyone, its what they put people in mental institutions for, because they believe (percieve) that what theyre doing is right, they think that killing people is aok, when the rest of society doesnt seem to think so, essentially, believing that you perceive everything different to everyone else harms everyone, you simply arent on the same page as them

what is 'true' to you, isnt what is 'true' to everyone, degrees of truth also dont help, half the truth isnt going to help anyone, the other half can be treated as fineprint that the other person just didnt see, because they thought that they were on the same page as you and hence, half the truth is enough for them to believe that you are telling the whole truth

you cannot prove how your point of view is right, because what is now, here, what we see, hear, feel, taste and touch and what have you, is what is right, the truth, the absolute truth, perceived by everyone. What is relative to you, doesnt matter to anyone else, because its all in your head, all perceived relative to you, its almost selfish

tried doing this lightly mate, instead of simply going all out and just flaming you

/thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)