Performance Poetry (the major nobody picks) (1 Viewer)

riamu

HSC
So I'm doin' performance poetry, all goin' good and such but... it's a little bit lonely out here? :cold:

ie. My teacher has never taught/marked performance poetry, head of english has no examples, BOS has no standard packages for it, I've only found one major here (without reflection statement mind you), etc. I'd really like to hear from anyone who's doing it, partly cause I've been led to believe I may be the only one! I hope not! So yeah, I've pretty much finished mine and am working on my reflection now - and I'd really like to see some other people's work, so I know whether I'm doing well or if it needs some serious reworking. Help please!

Also, I really would love to know fellow performance poets inspiration - and I'll show my ideas if you show yours.

Smart_Cookie1

HSC
Riamu! I hear you!! :O I have some Report examples (general, most are on critical analyses) if you want examples! That's what I'm using..:cool:

Smart_Cookie1

HSC
LOL WTF is with the red and purple GIANT LETTERS!?!?!? I don't even remember doing that :hammer:

keyys

HSC
N/A
I'm doing performance poetry (it's encouraged at my school if you wish to do poetry).
Also, a friend in my class is doing it as well - you're not alone!

My inspiration was mostly just that I love poetry and I am using a theme (religion) that was a component in one of the texts studied in Advanced.

riamu

HSC
yay people exist!! I am doing a piece on the beauty of the cosmos, related to the sci fi module of english extension 1.

Therese98

HSC
I know that there's a 4 year gap, but I am really looking forward to doing performance poetry. My piece (at the moment) will be discussing memory, reality and imagination as well as their value for the individual. It sounds boring, but I'm so excited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)