Performing My Own Composition for HSC music (1 Viewer)

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys. For one of my HSC pieces, I was thinking to perform one of my own pieces. I was wondering if anyone had any advice they could give me on how to go about it, or if you would like to make any general comment regarding performing your own composition to help others with my query.

robertisdabest

BeatMaker™
HSC
Nicci_15 said:
Hey guys. For one of my HSC pieces, I was thinking to perform one of my own pieces. I was wondering if anyone had any advice they could give me on how to go about it, or if you would like to make any general comment regarding performing your own composition to help others with my query.
Hi! I played my own composition for my HSC and both halfyearly and trial marks i got a 9/10 for it. You just have to be really careful with it. In the preliminary year, i also did my own composition but it wasn't great due to some elements, and i got 9/15 for it. I play the drums so it might be different to you. But make sure you have a structure (i used ternary from A B A - it's very common) and also i explored the 6 concepts of music - tone colour, pitch, dynamic and expressive techniques, structure, texture and duration. My composition forte in tone colour and dynamic and expressive techniques. It's important to cover all of the 6 concepts of music so that the examinors can see, not each of them have to be in great detail. That's my views on playing your composition for the HSC. What instrument do you play?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
For my HSC performance, I did a piece entitled "Improvisation", and almost gave my teacher a heart attack when he found out what I had planned. I got 82/42 for Music 2 and Extension, but then I got into the BMus(Comp.), so yaay for me.

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
Well I play violin. Though my composition is for a string quartet.

So anyone who does BMus (Composition), any recommendations?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
There's no rule against it, and if it's a good performance piece there shouldn't be any problems. (former BMus(Comp.) here)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)