Perfumes (1 Viewer)

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
I have none, am goin ova seas and wanting to buy one duty free on way back in - which is the best scent? Im kinda a girly girl, like pink and live in jeans if that helps (ive never had a proper perfume b4, so dont know how u decide which one)

Thanks!

Althea

I recently went overseas and had the same plan as you... to buy a perfume on the way back. The thing is, I was still trying to work out if was any cheaper... the ones I was contemplating purchasing weren't that much cheaper than normal prices. I probably should have bought it on the way there instead... I would have had more funds then and would not have looked at the price tag :D!

Anyways, if you are a bit of a girly-girl, try some floral scents... Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise is a nice option :).

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
perfumes respond differntly to different body chemistries, so what smells gorgeous on one person could smell awful on another.

easist way is to go into myer or dj's or a perfume shop for a couple of days, and try different ones. find out what you like, find out what they recommend for your first perfume (you don't want something too strong), and find out what suits you best. then you know what to get when you go overseas!!!

try estee lauder, tommy, ralph lauren, davidoff etc.

and buy the eau de toilette, not the eau de parfum.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Baby Doll is the bomb. :D
but it's MY scent, so meh.

i don't think they have Escada Island Kiss anymore, so umm, try Anna Sui :p

HSC
N/A
go for the paris hilton one!

i have the ralph lauren romance...its a killer
i also had provocative women but not my scent, got it for christmas, i am playing to get the paris hilton one soon, its really nice and girly...as you like it.

HSC
the new Paris Hilton fragrance is soooo gooooooooood. Its awesome.. I fell in love as soona s the guy gave my friend and I a card sample thing.. I went back and took a tonne of the cards, thinking i could use them instead of the spray. but later discovered It wouldnt work as a substitute so i had to fork out the money to buy a bottle... was worth it though

diferences between those two are:

# Eau de parfum has more perfume concentrates, lasts longer.

# Eau de toilette hasless perfume concentrates, and doesnt last as long. suitable for everyday use...

Last edited:

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
when you try perfume on, don't smell it straight away. just leave it for a while and see how it smells later in the day because i find my perfumes smell different after a little while.

and don't try to smell like 10 different scents at one time, do what someone else said and go for a couple of days.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i LOVE paris hiltons perfume.
i spray it me every time im in town coz it smells so gorgeous.

i also love Gloria by Cacharel (sp???). smells so good. my mum has a mini bottle of it and she doesnt wear it. im thinking of asking her for it.

Lennie

hmm, i agree with the others, you can find something cheaper here if you shop around.

Im yet to smell the paris hilton one, but the ones i think are quite girly and flirty are as follows;

Anna sui- secret wish
In fact, anything by anna sui

DKNY- not sure of the name, but it is in a frosted glass bottle and it quite tall. smells delicious

Britney spears- curious :)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
waterbottle said:
when you try perfume on, don't smell it straight away. just leave it for a while and see how it smells later in the day because i find my perfumes smell different after a little while.

and don't try to smell like 10 different scents at one time, do what someone else said and go for a couple of days.
i got told you should smell coffee beans after every three perfumes you try.
thats why theres always jars of coffee beans on the perfume counters.

HSC
mmm_sofay said:

really? wow i never knew that.
good thing coffee also smells good

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
hmm, i agree with the others, you can find something cheaper here if you shop around.

Im yet to smell the paris hilton one, but the ones i think are quite girly and flirty are as follows;

Anna sui- secret wish
In fact, anything by anna sui

DKNY- not sure of the name, but it is in a frosted glass bottle and it quite tall. smells delicious

Britney spears- curious :)
DKNY for women is the best, it used to be my signature scent before I dropped the bottle. That's the one in the tall frosted bottle, but I think there's a new one..

Anna Sui's Dolly Girl is good. Smells fruity and the bottle is gorgeous!

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
yeah but that never really works for me. just being around perfume counters where people spray and spray and spray affects how i smell the perfumes i want to try on, so i usually spray and leave.

Skeeta

HSC
yeah the coffee beans basically desentitise all of those perfumes running around in ur nose. thats why trialling perfumes, after about 5 minutes they all smell the same

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Well i luv 'Sensi By Giorgio Armani', 'Angel by Thierry Mugler' and "Cool Water By Davidoff"<---------- theyre soooo nice, three of my fav perfumes. Though i dnt know if theyre the girly girly type you want

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Skeeta said:
yeah the coffee beans basically desentitise all of those perfumes running around in ur nose. thats why trialling perfumes, after about 5 minutes they all smell the same
really? thats interesting! i learnt something new :D

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
go_swans said:
the new Paris Hilton fragrance is soooo gooooooooood. Its awesome.. I fell in love as soona s the guy gave my friend and I a card sample thing.. I went back and took a tonne of the cards, thinking i could use them instead of the spray. but later discovered It wouldnt work as a substitute so i had to fork out the money to buy a bottle... was worth it though

diferences between those two are:

# Eau de parfum has more perfume concentrates, lasts longer.

# Eau de toilette hasless perfume concentrates, and doesnt last as long. suitable for everyday use...
cool I was thinking about buying it, but havn't smelt it yet lol

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
I like JLo Miami Glow, the Paris Hilton one, RL Cool, RL by RL,
Yeh I like J'lo's Miami Glow too :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)