Period Pain Medication-GIRLS ONLY (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
on the odd occasion when i had period pain, i just did deep breathing exercises, moving my stomach muslces when breathing more then moving my chest and i found that worked well. it was good for if period pain came when i was at school and had no pain killers in my lunch box. and i found that nurofen took my pain away. never tried naprogesic, just nurofen, worked wonders on that odd occasion of period pain.
im now on the pill and i dont get any period pain. and it only lasts three days. and if i want, i can skip my period.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
Kirika said:
no, it does make you fat. most of the girls at my skool started taking it in year 11, wen they began to actually participate in pe, sport and all took SLR. plus they played more weekend sport. and they put on heaps of weight.
SOME pills will make SOME girls fat. it's not that hard to understand.

Kirika

HSC
calm down now. i never said it made everyone fat. i was just reinforcing the statement that yes, it can cause weight gain. sheesh.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
when you say 'it does make you fat', you're not qualifying. there had already been discussion in the thread about whether it will always make you fat, or if it only affects some people. everybody knows that it CAN cause weight gain, but your post didn't say that. it said it makes you fat, which it generally doesn't.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Kirika said:
calm down now. i never said it made everyone fat. i was just reinforcing the statement that yes, it can cause weight gain. sheesh.
saying, "it does make you fat" indicates you believe the pill makes people fat.

it doesn't. for the percentage of girls who put on weight, there's an equal amount of girls who DIDN'T put on weight. it's different for every girl.

back on topic: since a lot of people are against the idea of going on the pill, you have two options - you can forget about these 'potential risks' and go on the pill and be saved from period pain and the chance of unwanted pregnancies. OR you can not go on the pill and try some of these period pain techniques. Yoga is a fantastic way to rid period pain. Like someone else said, even though you wont wanna exercise, it's the best thing for you.

Try going for a stroll, then uptake your speed into a fast walk. I find eating hot food extra helpful!

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
mine used to be really reallllly realllllllly bad..
but mum put me on this weird "macrobiotic" diet.. includes foods like brown rice.. and foods low in fat and protein etc
supposibly works with the "ying yang" balance.. :/
either way.. i havent had any trouble since.. :)

otherwise.. the strongest thing i'd take would be panadol.. cos i hate taking any medication or drug :eek:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Herron-kind of helps but takes a while. The blue herron works well.
I had the worst pp today:(

philly17

snow pea how bad were like labour pain and vomiting> i did a blood test and ultra sound 2 days ago the results say im normal yet we cant find wat is causing me to be so sick im desperate for a cure not the pill.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
there are more than one type of the pill. one type DEF causes weight gain.

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
Philomena_86 said:
snow pea how bad were like labour pain and vomiting> i did a blood test and ultra sound 2 days ago the results say im normal yet we cant find wat is causing me to be so sick im desperate for a cure not the pill.

they were pretty bad..
enough to WAKE me up in the middle of the night adn keep me awak for hours..even after i took panadol.. also at times i wasnt able to walk and felt i was going to throw up.
..it was pretty fucken terrible..
..but yeh this diet seems to be working. if i get cramps they are only dull and i forget about them after a bit.
just eat lots of brown rice etc.. like atleast 4 times a week would be good.. and yeh foods that have been slow cooked (to preserve the vitamins etc) and foods low in fat and protein :) see how it works

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
ponstant
its the best!
but u shouldnt take it too often, if ur a sucker for pain and take pills all the time, then stick to nurofen

ponstant is the best if your having a big night out and dont want ANY period pain, it will even decrease your flow to make them less heavy

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Try stretching...The foetal position where you bring your knees up to your chest, the side stretch where you bend to one side with your hand on your hip, and the one where you lie on your back, then raise your legs to 90 degrees and gently rotate your lower legs together - this one's expecially good because as you rotate your lower legs in small circles, it has a massaging effect on your uterus...Also, try having a laugh, being down is often what happens before and during a period...laughing releases endorphins which naturally "kill" the pain. Water bottles and sugary things such as chocolate and milo are also thumbs-up. Getting fit is beneficial as well. Other than that, try not to do heavy exercises or have any chilly food, or cold stuff, fruits are really good during the first two days when the pain's usually at the worst...Don't take medications unless it's actually really bad or the doctor prescribes them, they're not beneficial for your liver and it builds up in your system, so that when you acutally need pain killers it wouldn't work. As for me, I usually grin and bear the pain, I find something cheering to do. I'm quite proud of it in a way - hey it's a sign of womanhood after all! Hope this helps, cheers.

Last edited:
HSC
The Pill itself usually doesn't cause weight gain. The reason some girls put on weight when they are on it is because the Pill tricks the body into thinking your pregnant and therefore makes your body want more food and you start getting cravings. Then resulting in weight gain. Usually though that stops after your body is use to it.

karoooh

HSC
Naprogesic by FAR! I get really bad period pains as well! The back and stomach cramps are horrible and tend to last up to 4 days max! :(

But the back cramps are always a good indicator of when I need to be prepared! Exercise usually helps... Brings the pain, down to lasting 2 days! LOL A hug helps sometimes as well!

Last edited:

olchik

HSC
I usually don't take anything, just try not to think about pain.

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
ok...Naprogesic....do u get it over the counter, on shelves in pharmacies or is it prescribed??

never used it before and wondering how i could get it...thanx.

karoooh

HSC
You can get it on the shelves at the pharmacy! Oh, how naprogesic saves the day unlike any other! :p

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yes, tablets may help sometimes, as much as they seem as they don't :p i used to never get period pain, but it's been killing me lately, it's even making me have second thoughts on pregnancy!!!! maybe i'll adopt......if menstruation is this hard, imagine how hard labour would be man!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
woah..period pain sux ass
i think i have never experienced any worse form of pain yet
its so ugh i hate it
im sure u're all aware of it
so i wont ramble on
when i get it i soak my feet in hot/warm water....or..use a hot water bottle or hot wheat bag on my stomache...or take 2 panadol and knock myself out to sleep....or get on with my life and make a fuss as to how annoyed and in pain i am
usually when i get pain the pms mood swings kick in and i get the shits with anything etc etc...
ahh the joys of being a female...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)